Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Split from exact laws about glassware in Texas
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 06:06
Split from exact laws about glassware in Texas

It is technically illegal without a permit to have third parties transport it to you in Texas. You cannot sell it from inside Texas without a permit.

The law allows possession.

[Edited on 26-1-2017 by JJay]

Maroboduus
National Hazard

Mood: vacant

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 13:03

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
It is technically illegal without a permit to have third parties transport it to you in Texas. You cannot sell it from inside Texas without a permit.

JJay, the law addresses the transferal, not the transportation of glassware.
It is essentially as described above by WGTR.

With all due respect, it is essential when giving advice on legal matters to make every reasonable effort to avoid posting faulty information.

Such lapses can, in some cases, have a potentially disastrous effects; and reflect poorly on this site as a source of useful information.
DJF90
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 13:21

JJay didn't say it was illegal to transport the glassware, and even stated that possession was ok. Maybe you can read more closely before trying to have a subtle dig and making yourself look stupid?
Maroboduus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 13:37

Quote: Originally posted by DJF90  
JJay didn't say it was illegal to transport the glassware, and even stated that possession was ok. Maybe you can read more closely before trying to have a subtle dig and making yourself look stupid?

It should be clear that JJay said what he said, that it is ,"illegal to have 3rd parties TRANSPORT it to you in Texas." (emphasis mine)

It is my contention that this phrase, what with it being about transportation of glassware, is about transportation of glassware.

Hopefully, if you re-read my reply carefully you will see that I did not say what your post claims that I said, making myself look stupid.

I hope you enjoyed calling me stupid. I think such posts reflect poorly on this site, but apparently we differ on this matter.

But you really did hurt my feelings, so consider yourself successful!
DJF90
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 16:28

Quote: Originally posted by Maroboduus  

It should be clear that JJay said what he said, that it is ,"illegal to have 3rd parties TRANSPORT it to you in Texas." (emphasis mine)

It is my contention that this phrase, what with it being about transportation of glassware, is about transportation of glassware.

You both made the same point, and then you went on to try and have a dig about misinformation. The question is about transport of glassware through the state of Texas, and so there is no issue with the law as Dr Bob clearly stated.The OP is not having the items delivered to him in Texas, but is merely wanting to pass through with his possessions.

I wouldn't have interjected but I'm fed up of the bitching. Stop trying to get one-up on each other and sort your shit out.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 17:32

JJay, the law addresses the transferal, not the transportation of glassware.
It is essentially as described above by WGTR.

With all due respect, it is essential when giving advice on legal matters to make every reasonable effort to avoid posting faulty information.

Such lapses can, in some cases, have a potentially disastrous effects; and reflect poorly on this site as a source of useful information.

Maroboduus, you're wrong again, and it's getting tiresome. I don't claim to be Richard Boyle or anything, but you come across as a mere annoyance. Why don't you ever post any experimental results or research or anything?

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=65585

They can't legally do anything about it if you buy glassware and bring it into the state yourself, but it is absolutely illegal to have a third party, including U.S. mail, bring it to you. I say "technically" illegal because perhaps no one will care, but this is very cut and dried. Maroboduus, you're wrong. The end.

Maroboduus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 17:41

You both made the same point, and then you went on to try and have a dig about misinformation. The question is about transport of glassware through the state of Texas, and so there is no issue with the law as Dr Bob clearly stated.The OP is not having the items delivered to him in Texas, but is merely wanting to pass through with his possessions.

I wouldn't have interjected but I'm fed up of the bitching. Stop trying to get one-up on each other and sort your shit out.

My point, was, and still is, that it is important to explain the law properly,
and that his wording of it was not accurate.

I actually waited for some time to correct this because I was concerned about what I considered to be the high probability That I would be attacked for attempting to set this important matter straight. (but maybe I was just being paranoid, huh?)
However after some hours I decided that clarifying things was important.
This thread will be read by people who are in all sorts of different situations and have all sorts of concerns about this law and how it effects their chances to avoid becoming a convicted felon(yes, I checked and this is a felony offense).
Whether this will further encourage JJay to "want a war..." as he keeps saying: or whether he has or hasn't decided to declare a 'war...' (whatever that means, probably something pretty OMINOUS based on his use of epliepsis) is secondary to my own personal concern that legal information here be as clear as possible.
The ramifications of a felony conviction are huge, even if you're not in the sciences. Even the ramifications of beating a felony conviction can be substantial for various reasons of a more subtle nature.

This is something I take quite seriously. I've actually gone out of my way to call one of the moderators here a criminal in an earlier thread to make my point. (Perhaps when they're done kicking that one around in the moderator's lounge your problems with me will be solved)

As for sorting any 'shit' out. It would be unproductive for me to comment on any expectations I might have along those lines at this time.

However you decide to interpret this reply(I actually expect you will interpret it in rather negative terms, perhaps even as some subtle sarcasm directed against you); I certainly hope you will consider it as an entirely separate matter, and not some attempt to get one up on you, when I point out that some euphemism for 'bitching' might be worthy of your consideration. This term, despite its innocuous origins, is increasingly met with opprobrium. Especially among a large segment of the population that, according to some old posts I've seen around here, may already have reason to be wary of this site.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 17:48

Maroboduus, you're a repugnant narcissist and a damn troll. Do some chemistry or STFU.

Maroboduus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 17:49

Maroboduus, you're a repugnant narcissist and a damn troll. Do some chemistry or STFU.

I'm sorry you feel that way, JJay.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 17:51

You'll have to do better than that.

Maroboduus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 18:07

Your last post is much less clear in its intent than the one preceding it.

In addition, I do not believe that 'receive" has quite the meaning you're putting on it (in law). But I admit I am not certified to practice law in the state of Texas. I have never even attempted to get such certification.

However I see little to be gained in further discussion with you on this matter.

[Edited on 27-1-2017 by Maroboduus]
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 18:19

Do some chemistry, Maroboduus.

j_sum1
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: Metastable, and that's good enough.

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 19:07

Whoa, this is getting ugly (again).

Jjay says "transport by third party".
Maroboduus says "transferral".

I don't see any real difference and don't understand what the fight is about. Maybe it is a technical distinction that I missed somehow.

In any case, to be precise on legal matters which is what Maroboduus desires, which phrasing is used in the legislation?
And if there is a difference, perhaps one of you could explain without attempting to beat up the other.
j_sum1
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: Metastable, and that's good enough.

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 19:32

JJay, I think my point was that you have both been undignified. And this is weird since you seem to be substantially in agreement.

And as for chemistry, you have both contributed. I think that conjecture is a red herring.

Likely this thread will be pruned some time soon. But I haven't reported since I genuinely don''t understand the points that you have been attempting to say and exactly what your difference is. Maybe you could enlighten me.
Texium (zts16)
Administrator

Mood: Graduated

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 23:25

Alright, that does it. I'm asking Bert to temporarily ban JJay and Maroboduus from posting for a week. This has gotten simply ridiculous.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
My YouTube Channel
My blog
(it doesn't like Chrome)
Texium (zts16)
Administrator
Thread Moved
26-1-2017 at 23:25

Go To Top