Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: H2O2 (concentrated < 35%) shipping in the US - restrictions and carriers?
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-1-2017 at 17:17
H2O2 (concentrated < 35%) shipping in the US - restrictions and carriers?

I was looking at some sites for 35% food grade H2O2 and it seems there is a wide range of "thought" as to how it can be shipped. Some sites charge about $40/gallon for shipping b/c it says it's considered Hazmat and they don't ship USPS while other suppliers offer USPS shipping and it is maybe $12-15/gallon via USPS. Some sites have a bolded disclaimer box stating they can't ship USPS as it is illegal at those concentrations and go into a lot of explanations about other sites "scamming" with diluted product - IDK what their ploy is or if in fact it is truth.

I did find on FedEx an UPS that they will ship any concentrations under the same class hazmat which is a 5.1,8 I believe but the precautions/packaging varies as per concentration.

Does anyone know what the deal is with USPS shipping H2O2?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-1-2017 at 18:34

You cannot legally ship liquid hazmats via the USPS, in fact almost no liquids can be shipped legally via the USPS. It is illegal and while the shipper is the most liable, you might get noticed, especially if there is a leak, and I have had at least two packages I was receiving damaged, including leaking chemicals, so I am well aware that it can create a panic.

Fortunately, my orders were all legit, shipped labeled well, and none were highly hazardous, but it still required me to fill out paperwork and then try to get a refund/reshipment. So if you want a happy life, buy through someone who will ship it correctly. It may cost a little more, but you are more likely to get the material.

Go To Top