Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemie et Industrie
Boffis
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-1-2017 at 00:29
Chemie et Industrie

I am researching into the preparation of 2-aminobenzothiazoles and have found a reference for their synthesis from amines but I can't find it, I can't even find the journal. The reference is:

J. Metzger and H. Plank; Chemie et Industrie 75, p929 (1956)

Does anyone know anything about this journal, if it is available on line under a different name for instance? Was it just a newspaper type publication?
Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 30-1-2017 at 02:37

This thread mentions a Chemistry and Industry (London) that noone could locate either. Might be a completely different journal though, it's probably a common title worldwide.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 30-1-2017 at 02:45

Hi Boffis,

There must be a typo into the reference since it mixes French, Dutch (Flamish) and English languages.

French --> J. Metzger et H. Plank; Chimie et Industrie(s) 75, p929 (1956)
English --> J. Metzger and H. Plank; Chemistry and Industry 75, p929 (1956)
Dutch --> J. Metzger en H. Plank; Chemie en Industrie 75, p929 (1956)

I have Googled with the following keywords "J. Metzger H. Plank; Chimie et Industries benzothiazole(s)"
and I found two pdfs probably interesting for you.
The shortest one (vibrationals study) also provides synthesis pathways to some benzothiazoles.
Attachment: Vibrational spectra study of some benzothiazoles-v71-155.pdf (461kB)
This file has been downloaded 296 times

The second one is too large to join it here (21 Mo) so I provide the link French thesis-Spiropyrannes benzothiazoliniques-SAM575

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Boffis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-1-2017 at 06:27

Thanks Guys, the first paper Philou posted was very interesting because one of its references is to a paper by the above authors in the same year so I suspect that the reference is to a newspaper type summary and the reference cited in the paper is the full monty.

My next question is is the Bull. de Societie chimie de France for the period prior to the amalgamation of all the various European chemistry journal around 1997 available on line? I checked out the societies web site but when you go to journal prior to 1997 you get either Justus Liebigs Ann. Chim or Recueil or bscBelges.
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-1-2017 at 06:33

You should be able to get Bull Soc Chim here: http://gallica.bnf.fr
Boffis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-1-2017 at 08:54

Gallica only carries the journal until 1945, it seem to be pretty complete to that point but I can't find anything after that period.

Go To Top