Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MEXICAN Chem Companies
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 13-12-2006 at 07:08
MEXICAN Chem Companies

There are several larger Mexican chem companies that middleman chems for US distribution. They MAY have aquired Spectrum's (or Fisher's) mail lists as they are pitching several plating firms in the SW U.S.
My suggestion is to stay away from them as they could be a source for drug-labs and assorted no-goodniks, etc. Guilt by association is still guilt from the point of view of a new guy hunting for cases. Prices are very reasonable but the bulk (pun intended) of their products appear to be technical grade re-bottled as reagent. For pyro hobbiests the temptation is strong but I don't like the fact that they are pitching from a supplied list of light industry buyers. From a light industy perspective I wouldn't even consider buying from them as they don't do PO but demand all payment via plastic or MO's.....THAT is a bad sign.
Members here have often posted what appeared to be "bad" sources and this is my offering. I say stay away from what could be drug-lab supplier(s).
Has anyone else seen or heard of suppliers that are less than "kosher" recently?

solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 13-12-2006 at 07:35

Can you name some of this large Mexican chem companies so we may be sure to stay away .........aside from them having reasonable prices, as it seems to me many of this companies here in Mexico just distribute the stuff from alfa, aldrich , sigma, and the like with very few home brewed products and this are companies from Spain not Mexican, although we both speak some version of spanish.......solo

[Edited on 13-12-2006 by solo]

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 13-12-2006 at 14:04

Hey if your a private individual in the USA and you can get a chemical supplier in mexico to sell to you without your being an intstitution/corporation I say go for it.

As long as your not ordering List I or List II chemicals or anything on the DEA suspicious list it would be a godsend to amateur chemists, provided of course you could get it thru customs.
bio2
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-12-2006 at 18:26

Problem is look at is what is on List 2 pretty ridiculous.

The threshold quantities for most are in the large gallonage
per month category so these should be ok to order at lesser
amounts.
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 13-12-2006 at 19:17

In general you may even know them if you work w/ Mexico City. I don't want to seem paranoid but in these times I would not put myself at risk for elements or chems I really could live without. Now don't get me wrong; they didn't shout "List 1 chems sold here" however I really can't think of a use for pounds of P or iodine for what most researchers or hobbiests would do: gram levels are fine and that's not a problem from the States. To the best of my knowlege the cut off is 500gr for most List 1 stuff. It's just that they pitch from lists that I know receive catalogs from the "biggies".

I don't want to be too public w/ their names as I could be wrong and they are just looking for more biz. But we do live in strange times, no?

[Edited on 14-12-2006 by quicksilver]

imandroid
Harmless

Mood: focused

[*] posted on 20-12-2006 at 03:59
Mexican Chem Supply

I dunno from Mexico but for sensitive chem orders I trust my offshore suppliers over inland suppliers for confidential labelling of shipments, etc. Distance gives em huevos grande..

..hey, guys.. sheesh..everyone I know has replied to this thread.. where am I anywho??

..yeah, whatever.. I\'m just Android

Go To Top