Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: WARNING-ripoff company, UK
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 9-2-2017 at 08:47
WARNING-ripoff company, UK

I very nearly got fucked whilst attempting to place an order from a purported UK supplier.

Darrent, Darrant chemicals dot co dot uk
I'd have dug deeper before ordering but had literally minutes left online in which to do so.

This 'company' is a ripoff merchant. All reviews that were positive, anywhere, were placed by guaranteed, card-carrying shills. One or two posts, and if more than one, the other or others are also glowing positive reviews of the 'wonderful service' and 'great product'

Anybody with more than a single post on a review site's review ranges from 'total ripoff, product never arrived' to outright abusive ranting about them being a scamming bunch of bastards. And they are.

I needed to restock, and quickly, multiple types of solvent in large volume. So placed an order. After a week (order email was received confirming payment and saying they were on their way, relatively quickly) Darrant claim to ship same day if payment received before IIRC 12 in the morning to 1PM, forget which. Either way its immaterial since you won't get so much as a bottle of piss.

Placed an order for about a half grand worth of solvents. And after a week, considering they had claimed to ship same day, and the order had been placed before, well before the cut off time for same-day shipment, I sent an email, inquiring when the order would be shipped, or even if it had been. I got no reply whatsoever by email. Another was sent, again, ignored utterly. A more strongly worded one sent, and nothing. I then spent two days trying to phone them, and nobody so much as picked up the phone, it rings out every time, or keeps ringing and nobody answers.

Eventually, first an email threatening to cancel the order was sent, then one threatening trading standards. Both ignored. The emails arrived and did not bounce, but arrived at the destination address and were ignored. Eventually after sending many polite, and then polite but firm, then politely threatening to the extent of threatening legal action.

Even eventually, after discovering what they were like and having it confirmed by others I blew my top with them via email and sent a...strongly...worded and extremely angry email. This after having given them a 1 day deadline, two at the maximum to at least respond. Nothing.

So I reversed the charges on my card and was refunded. Only THEN did anyone call back and make the blatantly bogus claim they had shipped my order, for several hundred liters of solvents, and a few pounds change from half a grand spent. They claim and list extremely good prices, and I am poor. I had saved and saved to place a resupply order, then done so. The phone call was a pathetic, whining, begging excuse to say that they HAD shipped my order but that the shipping company (within and to the UK) had refused to carry the order.

In which case they should immediately, had they been legit, of course have contacted me without my having to attempt contact, even, should have contacted me and told me, and either refunded me, or reshipped with another courier. There very fiew non-obvious shill reviews often if they got any product at all, state that they got less than they ordered, were invoiced in full for orders missing chemicals, and other such complaints.

The stated prices are excellent with darrant/darrent (I think they changed their name slightly, after presumably being outed as a bunch of scamming shites)

Even heard ofsomeone going down there and discovering an empty yard with a few chemical drums and no office or signing.

DO NOT DEAL WITH DARRENT/DARRANT.co.uk SCAMMERS.

I only got feedback via phone after actually reversing the card payment, and that was whining and bitching and asking for 'their' payment back.

If they even HAVE any of these chemicals they need to drink them and go jump in a fire.

Going to send trading standards after them too. Cheekiest pack of sewerspawned bastards, damn well got a brass neck trying to beg the payment back after it was clawed back from them, stating the delivery courier refused to take on the shipment. Needless to say, I emailed them and told them to get fucked. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up and warn everybody not to touch these with a ten foot stick, unless it is to be inserted somewhere extremely painful. Sideways.

If I'd not paid by card, I'd have been out of half a grand now, with not a drop of distilled piss to show for it:mad:

Scammers and scum. DO NOT ORDER from them. You'll get nothing. Nor will they respond to any communications. Not, at least, until the money is yanked from their account and they come whining and begging for it back.
Boffis
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 05:08

Hi tsathoggua1, where did you hear about this company? I have never heard of them until I googled them and saw there were other warnings posted by other people on other forums.
wg48
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 06:04

An other of our members had problems with this company. However my order with them did arrive but it was a few days late.

They have an ebay shop and their prices do look attractive. If you order via ebay and it does not arrive at least its relativly easy to get your money back.
AngelEyes
Hazard to Others

Mood: Better than it used to be.

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 07:11

Yup, I can vouch for this too. Tried to order a few bits last year - order went through fine, got an email etc, but then nothing. For about two months. I tried to email them, call them but never got any response to any enquiry. In the end I went to my credit card company and was able to reclaim the money.

Darrant Chemicals = stitch-up cowboys.

\'Silk and satin, leather and lace...black panties with an Angel\'s face\'
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 08:25

I'd not even order on ebay. They don't deserve the business.

Heard of them via looking for solvents on a search engine. They came up, prices looked good, had very little time left online so had to take a quick look, saw some good reports, hadn't the time to dig in deeper.

Heard of somebody going down there as I said and finding the place a wasteland more or less.

Just avoid them like the plague, they are not much better.

I find it very telling that days after the card payment was clawed back through my bank, I got a phonecall, claiming the company responsible for shipping (UK within UK) refused to take the shipment. After over a month, of first politely requesting updates, and eventually degenerating into threats of court action and action taken of a greater severity than that. AFTER the payment was taken back, THEN they phoned. After otherwise ignoring call attempts a day long, on multiple days. Ignoring emails totally. And if that was the truth, and I am certain it was nothing of the kind, then since the so-called reagents and solvents ostensibly remained with them, they should have immediately either refunded my money and apologized, or if it was indeed the shipping folk, refusing to handle the order, found somebody who would.

It was, I grant, of a fair size, couple of hundred liters of solvents and a few hundred g of reagents of a not particularly threatening kind, in total, but there is always the fact that companies that transport chemicals get PAID to do so.

Don't be fooled by their claimed prices. And tried to make contact via the form on their website also. This too, was ignored. They are either utterly, unforgivably incompetent. Or they are deliberate thieves. Personally I think the case is strong for them being both.

Needless to say, the review they got on some review sites contradicted that of their shills in...somewhat strong terminology. Since by then, I had well and truly lost my rag with the bastards.

Sod their ebay shop, let them go to hell. The way they treat their customers they do not deserve any. And its taking a damn big risk even through ebay. Not, through ebay of losing the money, but chances are IF you get anything the quality is probably garbage anyway.

Go To Top