Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hi Everybody!
TheSixthFooFighter
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-2-2017 at 16:37
Hi Everybody!

Hey everyone! This is my first post and I'm very glad I found the forum! A little bit about myself:

I'm a chemistry major in my second semester of Orgo and absolutely loving it! I'm interested in doing it as a career, but also as a hobby.

My main goal here is to learn about things I can make at home that can be useful in a variety of things. I know that doesn't sound too specific but some of the things I've thought about include leaching ashes to make lye (as a precursor to other compounds), using copper as a conductor (among other things), and making ethanol and biodiesel fuels (I have some experience with transesterification). Basically, I want to know how to make as much as I can without buying reagents, instead extracting things and building more complex compounds out of basic compounds found in everyday items.

I want to have a little fun too and explore some of the other types of chemistry going on on the forum!

See you all around!
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2017 at 17:01

Here there are endless over-the-counter (OTC) availability discussions,
obtaining reagents from OTC sources is convenient, discrete, often cheap, interresting, and habit-forming.
Welcome.

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
diddi
National Hazard

Mood: Fluorescent

[*] posted on 22-2-2017 at 20:45

extract some elements from OTC. that will keep you busy for a while

Beginning construction of periodic table display

Go To Top