Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 1,2 Dichloroethane
FrenchChemist
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-7-2021 at 10:15

STAB is far more better than cyanoborohydride, cheaper, yields are also excellent, safer.............

Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 7-8-2021 at 02:12

Oh i get it, i thought you were wanting it for the resolution of two special enantiomers via the dibenzoyl tartrate, and i thought. 'Wait a sec they can get their head around making that resolving agent but cant find a substitute for dce.', now i get it....
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-8-2021 at 00:33

I'm not sure if this is on the topic, but I've seen instances where people have managed to come by some very, very special stuff, and that does not correlate at all what else they can get. For example, one guy I knew several years ago got a hold of a bucket of sodium cyanide, as he was handling mining equipment by his job. Don't know what he did with it in the end, it might still sit in his shed over the years. I, too, have had chances to get some very exotic stuff all around. When someplace, sometime, some stuff just happens to fit the need of somebody, it is a match. This very phenomenon is prevalent in clandestine chemistry - where some other stuff is almost otc, some is very restricted, hence going through all kinds of routes is commonplace and new methods are sought by all the time. It's not even restricted to that, even industry does that, as some commodities command lower prices somewhere else due to regional, logistical or taxational reasons.

One downside of knowing too much chemistry is that you look around different reagents and quickly realize they can be used for this and that malicious purpose, and placing an order makes you sweat because you think the supplier will consider you some sort of drug kingpin, even worse when you got a combination of stuff, because some common reaction just happens to have the same oxidizer and solvent. Just forget that it has 99 other uses in chemistry, too.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top