Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: My copper tetra Amine Adventure
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-8-2017 at 06:27

I have no use or care about perchlorates, even this project was just a fun way to use up some waste products.

I been purifying 2 pounds of mercury I got in a tupper ware container with assorted metal junk from a lab.

So the process produced copper nitrate as a waste stream.
The ammonia sulfate in the making of the nitric acid for the cleaning.

I'll put the weight of the charge soon enough. the mole filled in the hole

Please Keep perchlorates out of this thread!

[Edited on 1-8-2017 by XeonTheMGPony]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 1-8-2017 at 06:44

Thus on end was in basically the mole, who maked the hole in clay. I knowed it. Nothing TACP, only the mole. ...:D....LL

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-8-2017 at 06:58

The Tetra amine Copper nitrate was an attempt to encourage the mole to move! Next will commercially supplied sulfur dioxin sticks!

the charge weight will be apx 20+ grams will look at notes and put exact number in, need to wait till next run of mercury cleaning for a new batch of crystals!

May do one more shot there to encourage it to leave on its own, I all ways try non lethal methods first, that and cheaper!
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-8-2017 at 12:28

TACuP is holy grail for relatively safety initiation. Confirmed. And his clathrate with hexamine is almost same power as ETN in solid cavity. Confirmed. His D2D is easy in solid cavity. Confirmed during more than, over than 1000 attempts. Dr.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-8-2017 at 07:01

Billions of PbAzide & Styphenate & PETN/RDX dets been produced So hence why I'm sticking with the best known and most reliable system,

I'm not interested in re-inventing the wheel. not going to waste time messing about with chlorates of any type!

The Tetra amine is a fun way to get rid of waste chems till I have better use for them, the point of creating this threads for those starting out can see how you can use the by product of one reaction to fuel another so lets keep it on that topic please! That or specifics to tetra amine copper nitrate.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 07:51

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  

I'm not interested in re-inventing the wheel. not going to waste time messing about with chlorates of any type!

The Tetra amine is a fun way to get rid of waste chems till I have better use for them, the point of creating this threads for those starting out can see how you can use the by product of one reaction to fuel another so lets keep it on that topic please! That or specifics to tetra amine copper nitrate.

LoL is not reinventing the wheel...finding use for and studying properties for TACuP and other energetic metallic amine oxosalts is not to redo work made by others...LoL does true research onto D2D detonators without conventional primaries (NPD).

That being said ... what chlorate are you refering to...nowhere into this tread was it spoken about?
TACuP is tetra-amine-copper (II) perchlorate ==> Cu(NH3)4(ClO4)2
now of course that you speak about chlorates...
TACuC is also a sensitive primary tetra-amine-copper (II) chlorate... ==> Cu(NH3)4(ClO3)2
Probably TACuC is more sentitive than TACuP but slightly less powerfull.

About staying focus onto TACuN into this tread...I can understand your point and concern but the title of your tread is about "TETRA-AMINE-COPPER" without specification of the anion...

Also there are countless treads about TACuN/TACuP/TACuC...so maybe this tread could be merged...to centralize the informations into a lower amount of treads.
==> Otherwise anyone playing with TACu# complexes will start a tread on its own "MY COPPER TETRAAMINE ADVENTURE"

[Edited on 4-8-2017 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 08:24
TACuP

Thanks for complex explain...........:cool:............LL

XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-11-2017 at 18:17

Well some new toys arrived so figured I'd deal with the last beaker of blue slurry and close this venture down as all the mercury been don, only thing left is to distill it in a hydrogen atmosphere to reduce any oxides.

Some fun pics.

Addition funnel
SS Keck clips
Nice new clamp.
Hallow plugs.
And a gift from a friend but not shown is a beauty full mercury therm that goes to 110c
And of course my shake n bake lab mantle and temp control!

New toy-lets play.jpg - 174kBAll most ready.jpg - 169kBlocken n loaded.jpg - 101kBsoupy no more.jpg - 118kBwell out of go juice.jpg - 86kBfeeling deep blues.jpg - 52kB
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-11-2017 at 06:44

And forgot to add a fun dose of irony, my source for ammonia was fire extinguisher powder, ABC type to be exact :)

I took one cup of it, mixed with water then refluxed for an hour with stirring, then filtered and boiled off as much water as possible then allowed to cool crystallizing all the Ammonium Sulfate and Phosphate.

I used the supernatent for this run, crystallized material will be left as is till needed, no further processing was don as no need for this application.

[Edited on 16-11-2017 by XeonTheMGPony]
Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

Mood: That retro aesthetic

[*] posted on 16-11-2017 at 11:24

And forgot to add a fun dose of irony, my source for ammonia was fire extinguisher powder, ABC type to be exact :)
[Edited on 16-11-2017 by XeonTheMGPony]

Isn't that also mixed with something horribly hydrophobic?
I mean, the Ammonium salts with something which seems to be more hydrophobic than Sulfur powder.

[Edited on 16-11-2017 by Tetra]

XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-11-2017 at 17:33

that's why it needs to be stirred and refluxed, then the hydrophobic parts settle out on top like a weird jelly moose so just have to filter and discard of the sludge any way you wish.
Rhodanide
Hazard to Others

Mood: That retro aesthetic

[*] posted on 17-11-2017 at 10:44

that's why it needs to be stirred and refluxed, then the hydrophobic parts settle out on top like a weird jelly moose so just have to filter and discard of the sludge any way you wish.

You guys have Jelly Moose?
All we've got here are boring ol' Eastern Moose.

XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-11-2017 at 12:42

Depends if they been stumbling about the uranium ore! Lol

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top