Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Elemental Boron (amorphous) - $165/lb & Mercury 4oz for $55 (3x distilled)
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 15:09
Elemental Boron (amorphous) - $165/lb & Mercury 4oz for $55 (3x distilled)

I've found a supplier for boron that got more than they needed and they are selling their excess. IDK if this is lower than what they paid, what they paid or what, but this is what the price is until it is gone. I don't know purity, but I suspect pretty high as they only deal with higher purity products - I've requested an analysis if they have it.

I have to buy in boron in 1lb increments - so if there is interest by 4 people equalling 1lb, I'll order.

If anyone is interested I'd be willing to put in an order and ship globally as long as there is no restrictions on this substance.

The mercury is also available in sealed containers under argon in plastic vials. I was told it is triple distilled and very pure. It was purchased from a scientific lab supply shop a number of years ago and is left over from their liquidation stock - I was told it was never used. Prices can be negotiated for larger quantities. Max shipping by USPS is 1lb per package (don't know if that includes the vial or not, if so, 3 vials per container). I could probably get 3 for $145-150.

Shipping outside of US is possible as long as it is legal, I'd have to check and verify though.

Their is also 69-71% Nitric acid - ACS in 2.2L - sealed - from a reputable US supplier. $75 for the 2.2L

Payment options are paypal ATM, IDK if there are other online payments available for P2P transactions, I'd have to look.

If interested message me.

Based in NE USA

[Edited on 9-4-2017 by RogueRose]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-4-2017 at 19:09

USPS does not ship any amount of mercury legally, but Fed Ex does ship it if done correctly. Not sure if they are confused, or just ignorant, but I would check carefully if they say they are shipping it that way. Not sure about UPS, they do handle some hazmat, but picky about it.
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-4-2017 at 06:52

I'd be interested in some (~500mL) nitric acid, if you can ship it reasonably. I know the HAZMAT for that tends to be pretty expensive.

If that works out I'll also take a little boron, but I'd only want enough for my element display (~5g or so) so that may not be enough incentive for you to buy the whole pound!
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-4-2017 at 01:42

I'd be willing to ship 500ml or 1L if I have another person who wants that amount.

I also received some NEW (unused) glass media bottles 500ml and 1000ml by Corning Pyrex, Schott Duran, VWR and Kimax. I don't have enough caps for all of them but I have enough if some people want some of these. The picture included is the 500ml the 1000ml looks the same but is a little bigger.

I also have these readily available and a lot more, but i don't have it inventoried ATM

I have a number of other chemicals I haven't listed and some of them are:

35% H2O2 (gallons - 1L's available) - will sell liters
100% Methanol (gallons - 1L's available) will sell liters
Ethanol 55 - 98.5% will sell liters
Ca(NO3)2 - ag grade prills
Ca(NO3)2 - Filtered till clear (min 1 micron then activated carbon filter then 1 micron again) then dehydrated to crystals
Copper Sullfate anhydrous & pentahydrate
CaCl2 - tetahydrate & anhydrous
MgO - ag grade pretty pure whire flakes
MgCl2 -
KCl - purer than water-softener grade
KCl - fertilizer grade - can be filtered to clean and clear
CaCO3 - very pure - very fine powder
Ammonium Sulfate - ag grade -
Ammonium Sulfate - purified to total clarity
Urea - ag grade - dissolves clear
Sulfur powder - very fine - totally dissolves in Toluene with nothing remaining
H2SO4 - 93% & battery acid percentage