Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New science shop in Tulsa, OK
carrant
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-4-2017 at 17:05
New science shop in Tulsa, OK

I thought this was a bit of interesting news.
A STEM themed shop has opened in Tulsa, OK.

From the store pictures it looks like they carry a decent selection of glassware.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/boxyard-science-sho...

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 11-4-2017 at 06:32

Oh boy, he's planning on expanding to Austin! That would be great, though I suppose the selection of glassware they'd be able to sell in Texas stores would be limited by that infamous state law that has been discussed ad nauseum here. Still, it would be great to have a place to buy stuff like test tubes, beakers, and other misc equipment locally.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 11-4-2017 at 13:05

This is good. I've noticed that a few mail order sites have popped up lately serving home school science teaching.

It is sad that we had to wait for home schooling before the public found out they could do chemistry at home.

I like the story about the boy being so excited about buying some test tubes. My observation is that some (lucky) children find their passion very early in life. I was talking to a butcher to get some blood to make cyanide a few years ago. I told him why I wanted it. He then told me about his 12-yr old daughter's passion for chemistry. She only wanted to read books about chemistry. :D

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem

Go To Top