Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Preserving Chemistry Channels
UC235
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-9-2018 at 20:33

Nothing's happened to my channel, though I suspect that's because it's dormant and has very little activity aside from an occasional person making inane comments on videos that I prefer to ignore. Surprisingly, I still get about 4000 views and 60 subscribers per month despite 6 years of dormancy.

Many of my videos are posted in text format on this forum. Some in prepublication, others in various threads on the relevant topics, as well as several procedures that came after I stopped making videos (which have since been made into videos by other youtube chemists, ex. Doug's Lab prep of Phenol).

If anything should happen to the channel, I have the video files saved on an external hard drive and would find a way to reupload them elsewhere.
nimgoldman
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-9-2018 at 08:43

Quote: Originally posted by Boffis  
Can anyone recommend a free YT video downloader? I used to have one on my old laptop but I can't remember the name of it and I can't find one online without ending up on web sites that try to download a load of junk too.

Has anyone come across rgivideodownloader? It downloaded OK but there was a pop-ups saying the sites certificates were not in order /recognised. Whatever that means so I haven't opened it yet.

[Edited on 9-1-2018 by Boffis]

OK found it! Its 4K downloader

[Edited on 10-1-2018 by Boffis]

I use YTD Video Downloader - it supports downloading whole playlists.

I download all the interesting videos - it happened several times in the past YT deleted it so it's great to have a backup.

Here are ChemPlayer's videos (ChemPlayer have been taken down by YT):

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/

Hopefully the authors will move to a more liberal platform, like DTube.

[Edited on 8-9-2018 by nimgoldman]
chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-9-2018 at 20:32

Bitchute seems to have promise as a platform, and although has a few technical troubles (e.g. browser compatibility in some cases), seems to be going in the right direction and the founders are making the right noises with respect to content. The whole DTube/Steemit crypto thing seems a lot more clunky so we avoided it.

Watch some vintage ChemPlayer: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top