Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 3A seives (and others 4A, 5a, x11, x13 and more) - about $6/lb
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 20:59
3A seives (and others 4A, 5a, x11, x13 and more) - about $6/lb

i've found a place in the states that sells these in powder, beads and pellets. They offer different sizes of rods and pellets and the prices are the same on all sizes.

The company I'm working with is pretty expensive until quantities of 25lbs where it is about $140-160 depending upon the type. 50 lbs was $265-305 so it wasn't a big discount above 25 lbs. Once you get to 55kg (~110 lbs) the prices dropped nicely but I didn't get quotes.

This is a supplier for some of the major medical O2 manufactures and it is the same product they sell them, so it is high quality even though it isn't sold by an expensive chem company brand name.

Prices on Ebay are $10-25/lb + shipping and the lower prices are from china and have had mixed reviews in performance. Everything at this company is shipped from the SE USA.

I know that no one is going to buy the larger quantities unless you have some very specific purposes, such as I do for one of the types (5A) and 3A.

I will probably be buying 25 lbs at least of 5A sometime in the future and some of the other ones offered.

I was wondering if there is much desire to buy a few lbs of different types of seives/zeolites. The 3A are great for drying ethanol and other solvents. I can make a list of what each seive can be used for.

If I can get enough interest in buying a few lbs per person, I'd be happy to buy in bulk and then ship them out to buyers.

I wouldn't think I would be ordering before mid June so if anyone has interest in this they have some time to look into it and decide if they want to go into a group buy.

Feel free to message me if you have questions.
carrant
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 10:18

I would be interested in at least 2lbs of 3A.
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 16:07

Quote: Originally posted by carrant  

Would you have a preference of the type - spheres, pellets or powder?
CharlieA
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 16:15

I would be interested in a kg of 3A (pellets or spheres, not powder), and possibly another size. I assume shipping cost will be separate.
carrant
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 20:39

Quote: Originally posted by RogueRose  
Quote: Originally posted by carrant  

Would you have a preference of the type - spheres, pellets or powder?

Opps, sorry I neglected to specify the type, thank you for asking!
I would prefer either spheres or pellets.
adk
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 21:45

Is it a US manufactured product? I have had problems with sieves sourced in China.

Cheers,
A

https://www.argentscientific.com/
sales@argentscientific.com
Elemental Phosphorus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2017 at 13:33

I'd be interested in 2lbs of 3A molecular sieves.
Edit: In sphere or pellet form.

[Edited on 14-5-2017 by Elemental Phosphorus]
BuzzKillerOfFire
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-7-2017 at 23:59

I would be interested in 2lbs of 3a, either sphere or pellet form.
AlChemicalLife
Harmless

Mood: happy and ready for science

[*] posted on 18-7-2017 at 19:54

I just need it for drying solvents so put me down for 1lb of which ever would be best for solvent drying ,, I think that is 3a spheres
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 06:05

Any news on this?
katy
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 07:23
Interested

I'm interested as well.

Thanks,

Katy
Plunkett
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 08:06

Also interested in 1 lb of 3A
Velzee
Hazard to Others

Mood: Taking it easy

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 08:51

Quote: Originally posted by CharlieA  
I would be interested in a kg of 3A (pellets or spheres, not powder), and possibly another size. I assume shipping cost will be separate.

As am I.

Check out the ScienceMadness Wiki: http://www.sciencemadness.org/smwiki/index.php/Main_Page

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
—Arthur Schopenhauer

"¡Vivá Cristo Rey!"
—Saint José Sánchez del Río
byko3y
National Hazard

Mood: dooM

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 12:40

I've never heard about good source of sieves from china. Good 3A sieves are hard to get and cost at least 4 $/lbs.
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 19:07

Not sure why everyone is jumping at 3Å and nobody seems to be interested in 4Å. 3Å is necessary for making absolute ethanol, but overkill for drying of other solvents such as DCM, DMF, Et2O, etc. and are more of a pain to regenerate. 4Å are what I use at work most for solvent drying, and they work great.

That being said, I don't have any molecular sieves at home, so I'd be interested in buying 500g of 3Å and a kg of 4Å if this deal happens.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 22:18

It doesn't seem that there is quite enough to order a 25kg batch unless there are some people who want larger lots. If the project I was working on goes through, I'll let people know about the order.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-9-2017 at 17:56

If this does happen, I would like some 4A sieves. They would be especially good for drying ether.

byko3y
National Hazard

Mood: dooM

[*] posted on 5-9-2017 at 00:00

Cheep synthetic zeolites (made from kaoline) might be used for drying different solvents, those are so dirt cheep (1$/lb) nobody actually bothers to resell them. But getting the 3Å for ethanol and methanol drying is a real pain in the ass.
alking
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-9-2017 at 05:37

I'll probably get a kilo or two of 3A and/or 4A, it'd be great to have plenty of extras on hand.
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-11-2017 at 13:06
Found 13x sieves for GREAT price locally - but 1000lb min purchase.. :(

I've found a GREAT supplier of 13x sieves but the catch is I have to buy 1000lbs. yeah. I'm trying to find sellers of 3,4,5a sieves who might need 13x and make some kind of deal where I can either trade 13x for some of their 3,4,5a's, even if I have to give them much more 13x for the 3,4,5's. I'm also trying to find a way to act as a shipper for 13x sieves for out of country sellers so they don't have to ship them here so it will save in time and shipping expense and in exchange they can either ship me 3,4,5a sieves (if they carry them) or I can get a portion of the sale price. IDK what the best method is to work this out but if something can be done to barter the 13x for others, it would allow me to provide sieves at a great price and a wide range of them.

So, I'm asking members who might be interested in any of these sieves to give me ideas on how to leverage my large quantity of 13x sieves into getting some of the other types.

For those that don't know about 13x, they are used in making pure O2, N2, CO2 and Argon. One system can isolate pure forms of all 4 of those gases using only the 13x sieves.

I'm working on a very high flow O2 concentrator of about 50 liters per minute at a minimum of 90% purity using standard shop air compressors making the system extremely inexpensive (a 50 LPM O2 concentrator would cost $20-50,000) where I could put one together for maybe $1000. I wouldn't trust it for medical use but anything for shop use would be fine.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to leverage the 13x would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows of good applications for O2, N2, CO2 and argon, that would give me some good ideas on where I could maybe sell some of these to buy the 3,4,5's in bulk.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 17-11-2017 at 13:48

I'd get some 13X ones, since they seem to be what's used in pressure-swing adsorption O2 concentrators, and if I had one of those, a lot of things would become a lot easier. I don't really have the money right now though.

Why does it seem like everyone here is always broke? Can't one of us whip up a batch of NZT-48 or something?

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 18-11-2017 at 02:46

Any information on calculating zeolite material weight and absorption chamber size requirements for 13X pellets Vs. litres/hour O2 @ some specified pressure?

Basically, interested to find out how much 13X would be needed to continuously run a small oxygen & acetylene (or MAP gas) torch.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-3-2018 at 05:37

The qualities of each zeol;ite vary from brand to brand, and lot to lot so it's hard to estimate.

mantle - fiber basket - 500ML-250W-Fiber-White-Adjustable-Temperature-Electric-Sets-_57.jpg - 96kBmantle - fiber basket 2- 500ML-250W-Fiber-White-Adjustable-Temperature-Electric-Sets-_57.jpg - 118kBmantle - fiber basket 3- 500ML-250W-Fiber-White-Adjustable-Temperature-Electric-Sets-_57.jpg - 177kB
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-3-2018 at 05:59

Think you got your wires crossed there rogue! As those pics are very very out of place for the thread!

FYI I'd still be interested in a pound of 3a and 4 sieves.
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-3-2018 at 08:43

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  
Any information on calculating zeolite material weight and absorption chamber size requirements for 13X pellets Vs. litres/hour O2 @ some specified pressure?

Basically, interested to find out how much 13X would be needed to continuously run a small oxygen & acetylene (or MAP gas) torch.

Nothing technical, but a domestic unit had two cylinders of c250 cc zeolite each,
for an output of, from memory, 1 litre/minute at 90% percent oxygen
Playing with the oxygen output of that machine and gas, only a small flame, maybe ok for a jewler ?

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur

Go To Top