Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Great source for pure nutrient/supplement-type chemicals (purebulk.com)
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 15-5-2017 at 12:59
Great source for pure nutrient/supplement-type chemicals (purebulk.com)

Us chemists actually have something in common with those people who don't like it when there are too many "chemicals" in their food: we prefer it when the substances we buy have as few things as possible listed under "ingredients". For things like niacin, ascorbic acid, racemic phenylalanine (you know who you are), phenylethylamine, 4-aminobenzoic acid, erythritol, or any vitamin or amino acid, I've found purebulk.com to be a very high-quality, reliable, and reasonably-priced vendor. You can usually get a discount of ~15% with a coupon code if you dig around for one, and shipping is free on orders over $50. There's a full list of their offerings here:

https://purebulk.com/a-to-z/

They're US-based, but will ship internationally, and of course, none of what they sell has any fillers in it. I've ordered from them a few times, and they're way cheaper than anything I can get locally. Plus, I've been pleasantly surprised a few times, seeing some of the organic molecules that I didn't realize were available for so little.

edit: Some examples of what's available:
Caffeine: $26 / 500g
Calcium pyruvate: $26 / 500g
Choline l-bitartrate: $17 / 500g
Ascorbic acid: $25 / 1500g
EDTA calcium/sodium: $23 / 500g
GABA: $16 / 500g
Inositol hexanicotinate: $20 / 250g (or buy niacin and inositol separately for half that price)
Potassium iodate: $25 / 100g
Phenylethylamine HCl: $23 / 500g

There's also a bunch of silly hippie nonsense for sale, but I'm willing to overlook that for cheap organic reagents.

[Edited on 5/15/17 by Melgar]
PirateDocBrown
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-5-2017 at 16:29

Good find!
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-5-2017 at 19:36

I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but they're definitely in my bookmarks.

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 15-5-2017 at 21:07

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but they're definitely in my bookmarks.

Ditto.
I suspect that for many things I want, Axenic labs might turn out cheaper -- at least after shipping is included. They have been excellent for me in the past. But it is always good to do a price check.
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 17-5-2017 at 15:01

They do ship to Canada and a cardboard box full of white powder arrived without issue :)

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
UC235
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-5-2017 at 17:35

I've ordered from them numerous times and everything has been of high quality.

Just for the record, I've produced pyruvic acid from calcium pyruvate before and the process is fucking awful. Essentially, any manipulation of pyruvic acid produces dimers, polymers, decarboxylation product, etc. Even as the salt, it is not stable in storage.

My best results came from filtering off calcium sulfate from a slurry of excess calcium pyruvate mixed with aqueous sulfuric acid, then vacuum fractionating (repeatedly) to remove water, acetic acid, and high boiling garbage. The longer it stays hot the more it degrades. There's no winning.

Go To Top