Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: SILDENAFIL CITRATE
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 24-2-2007 at 06:54

Those images are unreadable.

I don't know what your friend made, what he thinks the structures are, what dose he took of whatever it was, or how he took it. Mostly because you haven;t said.

What you did say about structures seemed a bit confused, not to mention vague.

And again, all of that "data" you attached is too out of focus to read as well as poorly exposed.

I take it your friend is a professional peptide chemist?

This compound is not easy. The Nle is hard to come by. The assembly of the chain is otherwise not too hard, but the cyclization is tricky and low yield, and the purification (desalting then HPLC) is also low yielding. Do I take it he did this on an automated synthesizer?

A few years ago ABRF did a test of its members, put out a protocol for a relatively simple oligopeptide to be assembled on automated synthesizers, all by professional peptide chemists working in institutional labs. I don't know of any amatuers with such equipment. Certainly not myself. I work by classical techniques, not SPPS.

About 50% of ABRF's members turned in samples that tyrned out to be WRONG. Half the labs botched the prep.

So let's just say that I believe there is room for doubt.
Misanthropy
Hazard to Self

Mood: Variable

[*] posted on 24-2-2007 at 17:30

Yes he is employed in that role. Yes, they suck; sorry about the resolution.

He does seem pretty happy with his 'M2'. Perhaps I can get him to sit under a tanning bed for 15 minutes or so to see if he changes ethnicity.

Those are pretty amazing stats. Makes me nervous to follow suit, but, what would mad science be without trying new things? ;)

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-2-2007 at 06:45

I found that paper on the ABRF site last year, thought I saved it to hard disk but am having trouble locating it.

I am going to make this stuff and purify it rigorously, before I or any of my friends takes any. Which is why I have spent $40,000 on HPLC prep scale and am not finished buying it all yet. If you read the relevant patents you will see that in the examples the losses associated with the final cyclization (using DPPA) and the two chromatographic purifications were staggering.

Incidentally ask your friend where he got his L-Norleucine (Nle) as that is quite hard to find. It is an expensive internal stabdard for AA analysis. I am making my own racemic Nle and resolving it enzymatically with papain. Too expensive to buy in the quantities I want.
Misanthropy
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-2-2007 at 09:58

I don't know these details; I'm no chemist. :)

Discussion of it went like this, verbatim:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
no, but i did order some d-phe and nle today
-------------------
well it took a solid week to get the necessary supplies, but currently there is a nice sample being freeze dried ... i am anxious to test it out to say the least, not so much about the libido effects but for the 'insta-tan' effects, since i tan ~7 days as it is ... well, nevermind, im anxious about both it should be interesting

ended up having to do the amide form of the molecule (making it melanotan II, not pt-141) as i didnt want to purchase the expensive resin needed to make the acid form ... either way it should be ok ; synthesis was a breeze =)

i actually think the difference between acid/amide forms are that the amide gives you more of the skin tan effect, and hence for pt-141 the drug cos. decided to use the acid .... however i have been unable to find any solid literature to back that up so its all just speculation, but either way ill let you know if its all its cracked up to be ....
-------------------------

The amide molecule I made is kind of a bust. I found the patent for the Pt-141 and apparently the difference between acid and amide is that the acid is 1000x more potent at the MC-4R (the receptor that gives the sexual desire effect) and thus allow for small (mg to ug) quantities to be used for this effect. So I will be working to get the acid molecule here soon.... just need some time.

Also have you looked at the melanocortin family of receptors at all? The MC-4R is cool, but the MC-2R (also known as the adrenocorticotropic receptor - ACTHR) might be even better. MC-2R activation causes steroidogenesis through the HPA axis! I just saw that today whilst searching the net for info. So I may be hitting up some MC-2R agonist peptides in the future at some point to see what's up with this.
--------------------------------------

I did take some courses/labs on in/organic before I graduated but that's about it ... we did attempt to synthesize the "famous Ru 6-coordinated PPh3-ligand that catalyzes everything" (forget the actual name) in inorganic lab over a few weeks time. I think out of 6-7 groups, only 1 actually got it made in a working form. The entire process is very air sensitive. That would be my main worry if you do not have access to inert atmospheres. Other than that I don't have a clue.
---------------------------------
Yea so I've made them both now. The melanotan actually works pretty well as I noticed the other day that I was looking exceptionally not-like-a-white-guy after injecting it for 5-6 days in a row. However the pt-141 I am not so sure about. All it did for me was make my stomach spasm uncomfortably for ~30 minutes. The melanotan has more of the "spontaneous erection" effect I think. Final verdict has yet to be made though.
---------------------

also make sure that after you dissolve it to freeze it between use to prevent peptide degradation .... the peptide itself should be pretty stable since it has the lactam bond in it, but i have seen other linear peptides start to fall apart after 3-5 days in solution and be completely destroyed by 1 week's time

melanotan.org has lots of info in their forum ... the pt-141 patent talks about being able to snort it as a nasal spray but i dont think that works and you are better off just injecting it subcutaneously ..... you could try intravenous if you feel tempted. ;)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So that's all I know about this stuff. I know the IGF-1 was effective at least. :)

Best wishes on your upcoming project Sauron. It sounds like your the man in this area. Good luck! :cool:

Misanthropy
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-2-2007 at 09:47

Regarding the Nle:
"not really sure about expensive and hard to find ... our catalogue has protected/deprotected 5g quantities for under 100$ ... the only real problem with it is that it is a sticky goo instead of powder like most amino acids are.

The other oddball amino acids needed in the synthesis are more expensive (Boc-D(Fmoc)-OH, Boc-K(Fmoc)-OH)."

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-2-2007 at 10:23

Everything's relative. I call $100 for 5 g expensive. For $20/g I definitely opto to make it myself. I want 100s of grams. I did get a quote from one company that does custom AA work in China, they wanted $10,000 a kilo.

The D-Phe, is cheap, a couple hundred a Kg.

All the others require side chain protection, the selection of which depends on the overall coupling strategy and influences the global deprotection protocol at the end. Things get...interesting.

At least there are no frigging sulhydryls to content with, but their is His, there is Trp, there is Lys, and there is Arg, and they are troublesome enough. Asp is not a particular hassle.

I don't do solid phase so resins are not an issue. As for overall strategy I am inclined toward Fmoc. I am a little fed up with buying Boc2O and having it turn out to be mostly tBuOH. Boc-ON is stable but costlier. I'd make my own but it requires phosgene, wich I'd really rather not work with. Same reason I stay away from Z-Cl (benzyl chloroformate.)
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top