Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemical Synthesis Database
symboom
International Hazard

Mood: Doing science while it is still legal since 2010

smile.gif posted on 12-6-2017 at 21:19
Chemical Synthesis Database

So this can be frustrating is there a large free database for the synthysis of millions of organic and inorganic chemistry it seems like synthysis of chemical information properties solubility such as
http://www.orgsyn.org/Search.aspx
http://www.synarchive.com
However they are still limited there must be some sort of master database

[Edited on 13-6-2017 by symboom]

Sigmatropic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-6-2017 at 01:38

Reaxys and scifinder but they are not free.
Geocachmaster
Hazard to Others

Mood: Corroded, just like my spatulas

[*] posted on 13-6-2017 at 02:18

Don't forget Prepchem
AvBaeyer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-6-2017 at 02:35

Exactly what are you looking for? A book of recipes or a source of tried and proven synthetic methods? In general, Organic Syntheses is the best free reference available bar none. Almost all the methods described can, with a basic understanding of organic chemistry, be extended to many analogous compounds. In fact, many of these extensions are often documented in Organic Syntheses. Also, check out the several volumes of "Organic Reactions" available in the site library. There are in depth reviews of various important reactions, representative procedures, and extensive tables of compounds with references to their synthesis. These tables are of genuine utility since they report attempted syntheses of various compounds that do not work well or at all. Even Vogel's book is of general utility though it is a secondary reference work and is not without errors. One good thing it does is illustrate how a general procedure can be extended to analogous compounds.

If, however, you want a cookbook for any compound you might want to make or any reaction you might want to run, ain't going to happen.

AvB
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 13-6-2017 at 03:34

Chematica is probably what you are looking for but beyond your reach. There are very few others with similar goals, put in a target compound and the system will design a synthesis route to it with predicted yields and confidence levels.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
symboom
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-6-2017 at 03:55

AvBaeyer I disagree sciencemadness wiki has a kind of synthesis of how to make some compounds although small its a great start for amature chemistry.

Instead of pay to see or scattered chemical data

I would like chemistry synthesis to be more open source millions of compounds easily indexed and free to anyone. Such as type in acetone and the many ways that could be made. Anyone that wants to know how different chemicals are made.
It's frustrating something like this does not seem to exist.

Hopefully that day will come.
Thank you for the responses

Feel like iupac should have something like this or something.

AvBaeyer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-6-2017 at 06:59

I did not reference the Wiki. I pointed you to the SM library which is chocked full of information that only requires you to take the time to use it. What you want will never exist for "free." Sadly, based on your posts, I have come to the conclusion that you are not well versed in basic chemistry and you really need to sit down with some good texts and read. No short cuts.

AvB
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
13-6-2017 at 08:39
symboom
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-6-2017 at 13:47

Please stay on topic you are right for me barly starting to dive in to organic chemistry I am more of an experimental learner
As you can see from my post I often what to see if anyone has had the same idea or tried the same thing for example oxone and alcohol reaction and making hexamine nickel chlorate basing on only the fact that hexamine nickel perchlorate is insoluble and some one else tried in an amature setting. it i did not find very in depth references to many things.

Go To Top