Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anybody own this specific hotplate/stirrer? LKCT-A7 series?
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 14-7-2017 at 07:19
Anybody own this specific hotplate/stirrer? LKCT-A7 series?

Maybe a bit of an unusual question, but whilst ordering from germany, precisely to AVOID chinese wait times and chinese products, I ordered an LKTC-A7 series intelligent control stirrer, but its got a nightmare setup process.

It does have some neat features, like ability to set up rapid initial temperature ramping, cut-out temperature (all controlled via overhead thermocouple probe.

But the problem is, the instructions are in 'engrish' of such poor wording that it is BARELY understandable. Can type out the instructions if needs be (in the english language, or at least their godawful bastardation of it) if nobody has it, but trying to set it up to start around 40-50 degrees had it rocket to about 120 in a few seconds flat (just testing with a container of water to set it up.

Apologies for asking such a simplistic question, only, it seems like it is just that on the face of it, but the way the instructions are written it is only comprehensible in parts of it. The rest seems like its chinese, translated to 'engrish' by way of at least one intermediate language. Makes the differences between UK english and US english seem completely nonexistent by comparison.

So if anyone else owns one of these (it needs setting up first from the factory settings) it'd be really helpful if someone who's already done it could give me a bit of a hand. The instructions sent, the WORDS are readable, but the manner in which they are arranged are....there just are not terms to describe what they are. At least, nothing inoffensive.
Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 14-7-2017 at 18:18

Is this similar or any better to the information you have already...........?

"LKTC-C Intelligent Temperature Control Instrument Operation Manual" - http://wiki.lanfangroup.com/index.php?doc-view-639

/CJ

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 15-7-2017 at 09:17

Haven't read it yet (just about to) but ANYTHING has to be better than the sheet of 'instructions' written in chingrish (possibly by way of translation through german on its way to caveman-level engrish)

I was expecting it to be a reasonably or quite well-written set of instructions having been ordered from germany, which of course has many speakers of fluent english. Hadn't realized the model itself was chinese, and the instructions were obviously translated from chinese. And so badly so that it was barely even semi-comprehensible, requiring a fair bit of experiment to get it running to within a few degrees of set temperature. Its mostly the temperature high-speed (and this thing gets very hot, very, very quickly up until a preprogrammed point and then slows down remarkably fast to a crawl up to the last few degrees, or however the user wants to set the range at which the afterburner-type heating cuts out), ramp-up speed that needs mastering, as well as the cut-out limit point below the actual desired temperature.

The 'instructions' are borderline gibberish as received, even claiming that one and exactly the same action/result is both the correct setting AND an error. And some features, such as a programmable alarm with which one can set it to keep heating for T:+XYZ and wake you up after whatever has been heating/stirring has done whatever it is doing, as well as some other setting which I have absolutely no idea about, and like the alarm was not even mentioned as existing.

Thanks CJ, I'll take a look at it. Looks to be quite a decent stirplate, with quite a few useful features, such as a heat-shield reflector between the underside of the plate itself and the motor to help avoid it overheating, alarm, various temperature control threshold parameters, and the initial heating option for setting it to 'afterburner' mode in a manner of speaking, where it shoots off like a rocket. The git that recently broke my 2.5l sep funnel with the rather precious and valuable ketoxime in it, turned it on, trying to figure out the fragmented engrish, after its being set to something like 50 degrees (temperature of the contents of the vessel, in this case just water in a beaker to test heating and stirring), only to find out the afterburner feature that rapidly ramps up the temperature was up to something in the region of just short of 130 degrees 'C when measured with an IR thermometer and yelped in pain. Took all my self control to suppress the urge to A-burst out laughing and B-grab his wrist and force his hand to stay there for a few minutes.

Go To Top