Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Old post etiquette?
Photonic
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-7-2017 at 07:05
Old post etiquette?

I was wondering what the etiquette is for old posts. In particular you see many posts that have comments regarding "use the search function", or "do some research".

Well in this instance I think I found a very fascinating route to Raspberry Ketone (Toluene->pTsOH->P-Cresol->p-Hydroxybenzaldehyde + Acetone -> Raspberry Ketone) that I wanted to share. However, I do not wish to clutter up with multiple threads that have sparse information with comments of "search first". Should something like this be attached to an old thread on the matter, or should a new thread be created?

Normally I would of course suggest a new thread, however, this forum is often times used as a reference and if all related ideas were in a single spot it would be easier to find.

MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-7-2017 at 07:47

Generally we prefer collecting all information on a topic in a single thread, so it's easier to find things. Thanks for asking!
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-7-2017 at 16:44

I'd make a new thread then link to the old ones you thought where usefull, then a mod could merge them if worth while.

Go To Top