Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: high pressure autoclave
food
Hazard to Self

Mood: mithering

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 10:58
high pressure autoclave

Hello. This piece of equipment came into my hands some time ago. I have it stored and I'm at the point where my motivation to continue to hang on to it has dwindled right away. I've never used it. The fellow I got it from didn't either; I believe he got it at an auction.

It's an awkward thing, it weighs a fair bit due to safety shielding and general heavy duty construction. The thing is I don't want to get into shipping this item. Posting on the possibly slim chance that someone in the Vancouver BC area is interested. Also interested in any feedback from savvy posters along the line of whether it's likely that there is even a market for such a thing. It's a older piece, but on the other hand there isn't much to it. Fairly sure that with a bit of attention it could be up and running. I believe it's got a 1 litre capacity. I'd ask CAN $750 for it.

Looks pretty much like in the picture below, fig 6. The motor is mounted on a big bracket. I have that disassembled at the moment.

Thanks

IMG_0901.JPG - 404kB IMG_0902.JPG - 2.2MB IMG_0903.JPG - 448kB IMG_2352.JPG - 335kB
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 14:30

Is that it? You do not include an actual photo of the Autoclave body itself. I see the stirring assembly and the lid of the Autoclave only. Show us more.

There may be interest in a complete high pressure Autoclave.

[Edited on 10-9-2017 by zed]
food
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-9-2017 at 14:50

Hi. Ok, will get some better pics. I've been procrastinating over digging it free for a photo session. Later in the week; I'll need to make a trip across town to get to it. The complete unit is there. I removed the motor assembly to move it. Assembly and disassembly is trivial, just a few huge bolts.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 11-9-2017 at 17:41

What is the maximum pressure the tank can withstand?

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
food
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-9-2017 at 07:52

Potential for 1000 psi is what I was told by the previous owner. He is no longer with us, may he rest in peace, an extremely capable mycologist and chemist with a penchant for lab equipment and the space to hoard it.
food
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-9-2017 at 10:56

Quote: Originally posted by zed  
Is that it? You do not include an actual photo of the Autoclave body itself. I see the stirring assembly and the lid of the Autoclave only. Show us more.

There may be interest in a complete high pressure Autoclave.

[Edited on 10-9-2017 by zed]

Here's some more pictures. The rest of the unit. There is a case and glasses in one of them for scale, as you can see they didn't skimp on material, the sides of the actual vessel are quite thick. In the same picture three nuts on three posts can be seen at the rear; these secure the motor in place.

Another picture is the main vessel and skirting from below. That will be wiring for a heater.

IMG_2371.JPG - 71kB IMG_2375.JPG - 57kB IMG_2378.JPG - 49kB
food
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-9-2017 at 11:00

Quote: Originally posted by food  

Here's some more pictures. The rest of the unit. There is a case and glasses in one of them for scale

oops

missing image

IMG_2387.JPG - 48kB

Go To Top