Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Luciferin Metabolism
Vmedvil
Banned for blowing margins instead of minds...

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 02:09
Luciferin Metabolism

Well, basically it was early discussed in the How to make cats glow in the Dark that the entire energy pathway for the glow in the dark firefly gene was missing, Luciferin is needed. Today we talk about Synthetic Metabolic Pathways.

This has the set of Synthase proteins that generate Luciferin, these genes will also need to present in our glow in the dark cat, Glucose directly to Luciferin, which is the power source of Bio-lumen Protein .

When this reaction between Luciferin and this protein happens it causes it to glow green because of the energy stored in the Glucose Molecule in this form.

i-2112fddcbba64a50a076badef2ebfb5e-GFP.jpg - 68kB

We need the entire Metabolic Pathway, so we search from the Protein Database of the NBCI
Retrieve the genetic code for Beta-glucosidase all the way to Luciferase, including the repair pathway. Next in sets of 3 to 4 genes they are created via Viral Gene Synthesis , the Limit for a Viral Transfer Plasmid is around 10,000 Base Pairs, so this will need to be split into two Vectors for these eight genes for these proteins. LTR 3' - Gene Set 1 - LTR 5' , LTR 3' - Gene Set 2 - LTR 5'

vv4.jpg - 63kB

Next the Viral Vectors are constructed to transfer these genes, this process will happen twice, you need to do it for each of the sets of genes being transferred due to limited carrying ability of HIV of around 10,000 base pairs. The same as in Biochemical Construction of Vector.

This will make a cat glow in the dark now that the Bio-luminescence protein is receiving energy.

haita
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-9-2017 at 23:28

I'm almost completely sure it isn't as plug-and-play as you're making it seem- just because the genes are there doesn't mean it will work. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but your chart looks like it's assuming that this is a creature like a parchment worm or a firefly with organs and complex mechanisms for generating light and luciferin. This just doesn't seem possible.
Vmedvil

[*] posted on 15-9-2017 at 08:46

Well, this is a biochemical process within the cell, this will most definitely work, this has been done before under the exact situation described, This is directly from glucose, this does not have any complex organs or mechanisms, it is generated by the proteins that catalyst that set of reactions and the chemical on which this process happens. If you notice this starts at the same place as the Energy cycle, but this is way over simplified, but if you follow the other processes in the previous posts you could do this.
haita
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-9-2017 at 23:28

Animals like that just are not that simple. Fireflies have bulbs for the reaction, so do parchment worms, glow-worms and almost every bioluminescent creature. There is clearly a reason for this. Now, I'm not doubting that you go get the DNA into the cat, I'm just doubting that it would properly integrate/be visible/not be missing something.
Vmedvil

[*] posted on 16-9-2017 at 07:26

well, in this situation infecting the Cat embryo, all the cells in the cats body would glow, but if used on a already born kitten or cat, it would only infect the T-Cells, so it does depend on the situation. As for the other part of it working there maybe a chemical pathway that triggers luciferase metabolism that I do not know about such as a receptor, but as far as I know, it does not, and that is the entire power pathway for the Bio-lumen reaction.

[Edited on 16-9-2017 by Vmedvil]
gatosgr
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-10-2017 at 13:06

So you're gonna get the cDNAs, constriction enzymes e.t.c. and insert this into cat embryos just to make your cat glow?

Vmedvil

[*] posted on 15-10-2017 at 20:27

No, this is my turning test for a Viral Nanobot, it is a guide book on how to properly insert genes and the methods to take. I assume that someone will cure a disease with it or something useful. You don't know wanna know all the things, I have designed these things to do or rather I won't tell you. Nothing bad just you need Medvil level clearance for the archive, think you can add any genes from anything into anything via this methodology with cellular precision it is all there in the posts, Synthetic Viral Engineering. This is just the beginning merely a introduction to Viral Nanorobotics. Next comes the hard part, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics.

[Edited on 16-10-2017 by Vmedvil]

Go To Top