Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Distilling small scale Cannabis extracts
BluReal
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-9-2017 at 12:46
Distilling small scale Cannabis extracts

Hello,

Like the title says im looking to distill cannabinoids on a small scale. 50-100g 50% extract. So from what i understand short path distillation works best, but my question is this. Does the method of distillation change with small scale like that. Like a different column perhaps? Also i am supposed to keep my flask 1/3-1/2 full. But on 50g distillations, i would need a 150ml flask. i would need a sand bath for that i believe. and how much is lost along the way? is 50g of 50-60% extract to little? Help me out here guys, thanks in advance.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 16-9-2017 at 01:01

BluReal, my whole world changed back in the early '70s when I discovered the magic of the Herb and I now kinda consider myself a cannabis connoisseur but my interests only go as far as cultivation (equatorial sativa) and basic consumption...

The resin, however, consists of a complex mix of compounds, some (if not all) of which are known to be heat-sensitive.

medchemist
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-11-2017 at 13:11

BluReal,
Perhaps look at vacuum distillations - by lowering the pressure you lower the boiling points of substances and may be able to avoid decomposition. :D

Go To Top