Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Calcium hypochlorite/Minerals oils Explosive Composition
Sidus
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-9-2017 at 15:07
Calcium hypochlorite/Minerals oils Explosive Composition

Hello People!

Firstly, let me say I'm big fan of your forum and have being following it since the Roguesci era! I followed Backyard Ballistics on totse too.
I have made some synthesis and experimentations about 7-10 years ago with AP, MEKP , DDDP and some flash powders and other pyrotechnic mixtures.
I have being missing those years of experimentation and so I'm trying to get this hobby back!

On my last year of experimentation I was trying to play with some relatively more "safer" and easily acquirable chemicals. Organic peroxides really scared the sh*t out of me! Very powerful and unstable stuff!

I have played a lot with calcium hypochlorite mixtures on my teenager years, with brake fluid, sulfur, etc. But the most fascinating mixture was one I found years later on one those old books( Improvised Munitions Black book I think...). When you mix calcium hypochlorite with naphta or other minerals oils like machine oil, it don't react violently like when you add brake fluid, but when you lit it up it burn almost as flash powder! And was pretty stable, even after days stored it worked very well. But not when naphta was used, it evaporates very quickly rendering the mixture useless, so I mixed it on site just prior to use.

I didn't find much on internet about it. Just a post on Roguesci and a video on youtube of guy supposedly detonating this mixture.

https://parazite.nn.fi/roguesci/index.php/t-2721.html

https://youtu.be/32kT1_23ICU

Just want to know if someone around here have any experience with that kind of composition or tried to detonate it.

I only used it on small salutes and on PET bottles initiated with electric match. Very nice loud report btw, accompanied by a quick flash that blinded my sight sometimes. Oh and I tried to add some Al powder to the mixture and had some impressive results, it burned like commercial flash powder as I can remember.

So do you think it is possible to make some kind of plastic explosive with it like adding vaseline or other binder ?

Very happy to finally post here! :D

Thank you all for all those years providing such nice and realible information!

[Edited on 30-9-2017 by Sidus]

Go To Top