Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Percy Julian(chemist) ( the TV show)
roamingnome
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-2-2007 at 07:54
Percy Julian(chemist) ( the TV show)

i just stumbled on the greatest PBS tv show last night chronicling Percy Julian's chemical and life journey. He had some novel break threws, but he was a black man in the 1930's, He has a hard time batteling the stupid raceism.

but he made super break-threws with soy products, and the show was just awsome showing these labs and glassware and melting point apparauts tests, and the race for a synthesis.... if you get to see it, it will inspire you to get in the lab and do really good work, if your not already doing really good work.... youll find your break-threw whatever that is.....

time for me to build a melting point apparatus.... at least buy one... gee man.... get a grip....
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 7-2-2007 at 08:05

So basically, building on George Washington Carver's accomplishments, as far as agricultural and black chemistry? Sounds interesting. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Julian

I'm suprised GWC isn't mentioned in the article. I'd think the racial and soy connection would be strong there.

"However, the Wisconsin city of Appleton where the institute was located, had a law forbidding African Americans from staying overnight."

Huh. I have some relatives in Appleton. A shame the city made its way into this article for ignominious reasons!

Tim

[Edited on 2-7-2007 by 12AX7]

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-2-2007 at 00:32

Died of liver cancer, one of the hazards of being a chemist.
Gingeo63
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-9-2018 at 02:59

Can I show it to my kids as well? They have exhausted all the series by Andy Yeatman and now I am not able to find anything that matches that level. His content is mind-blowing. It teaches children good deeds and literacy. I think I can watch it myself and then decide whether it is right for my kids or not.

Go To Top