Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemistry anylizer? -Siemens Dimension RxL Max
LD5050
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-10-2017 at 20:03
Chemistry anylizer? -Siemens Dimension RxL Max

Can anybody tell me what this machine exactly does? I found some one giving it away for free because they acquired new equipment. I'm wondering if it's worth taking off their hands.
LearnedAmateur
National Hazard

Mood: Free Radical

[*] posted on 25-10-2017 at 02:40

I gathered that it's some sort of medical diagnosis machine, I believe it could be an analyser for the concentration of certain ions, proteins, and drugs but the websites I've checked are really obscure when it comes to what it actually does and how it works. Anyway, a machine like that is definitely worth taking if free - if you can't find uses for it then that could be an easy few thousand for you to make and that's just going off the size of the thing. Here's a list of the assays it can perform:
https://www.healthcare.siemens.co.uk/integrated-chemistry/sy...

In chemistry, sometimes the solution is the problem.

It’s been a while, but I’m not dead! Updated 7/1/2020. Shout out to Aga, we got along well.
LD5050
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-10-2017 at 04:40

Yes so there is actually two machines they are giving away the other one is another name brand I'll have to look it up and post it. I did a quick search on google and came up with the same info that you did and your right it's pretty vague on what it does, as far as I can tell it's like a drug testing machine and as well tests for other things. I was assuming they are quite ezxpensive machines and if I didn't have a use for it maybe I could try to sell it? But I wonder why they don't try to sell it themselves maybe it is obsolete?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-10-2017 at 05:03

Many of these types of machines require a kit for each analysis, which makes them useless without the pricy kit. Much like the free printer with $50 ink cartridges that print ten pages each. Good luck finding more info.
MountainMan
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-10-2017 at 07:29

I'm a retired medical Lab director. The RXL is primarily used for small to medium size hospital laboratories to perform clinical chemistry tests...electrolytes, serum enzymes and other proteins, therapeutic drugs, etc. The reagents are usually supplied as dedicated kits by the vendor as Dr Bob pointed out. Other factors to consider are its size (as I recall it's about 7-8 feet long and about 3 feet in depth, may require a dedicated power line, sewer and deionized water hookups.
LD5050
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-10-2017 at 09:35

Ok thanks for the info, so In other words it's pretty much useless for me. Are they worth money or are these people giving them away knowing that they can't really be re sold?
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-10-2017 at 11:11

The way Dr Bob and MountainMan described those machines sounds familiar to me.

If they're what I think they are they have quite a lot of mechanical gizmos in there to do the tests in an automated Rube Goldberg sort of way. (This is based on equipment I saw in the 80s, and may be outdated information.)

If I'm right they might be desirable as sources of bits and pieces to a dedicated mechanical tinkerer if you know anybody like that.

Not that they'd want to pay much of anything for it, but having a grateful mechanical hobbyist as a friend can really pay off sometimes. It's amazing the things some of these folks can do, and they're usually the sort who are happy to help out if you need something odd fabricated once in a while.

Go To Top