Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Disappearance of nitroethane
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-11-2017 at 14:09
Disappearance of nitroethane

Nitroethane based tip blenders have mysteriously disappearanced from the German market
It seems that Am and Eb also cracked on to this reagent/product.
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 05:16

I bought 250 ml some 2-3 years ago from 1000l.de.

I went there by car since its only 10 km's away from me in Berlin.
Back then he told me he had a good number of police/customs there 3 weeks before.
He sold red P, nitroethane and benzaldhyde, ok. After the visit he continued to sell his large stock, but he was forced by the authorities to keep books about who is buying, I also had to sign in a list and show my passport.

His assistant told me also they had lots of suspicious orders from Eastern Europe, the same adress ordered on his main site and on his ebay shop at the same time etc.

As of now there seems to be no more "official" place to buy/order nitroethane.
The tip blenders have been altered to subtitute mixtures.

Melgar
International Hazard

Mood: Aromatic

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 06:57

I thought everyone went to Poland to get their suspicious chemicals in Germany?

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 10:13

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
I thought everyone went to Poland to get their suspicious chemicals in Germany?

Hehe ;)

Basically that is true. If you live in Eastern/Middle Germany Poland is the way to go. But of course you still have to find a source there. I had help of a Polish speaking colleague, who made the inquiries with Polish firms/shops for me in Polish. Other good thing is, some reagents you get at ridiculous low prices there, old stock pure grade 1-propanol for 2 EUR/l as an example, or got half a liter technical bromine for 7 EUR.

Other Eastern European countries like Czechia or Hungary might work too most probably.
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 12:53

Quote:

After the visit he continued to sell his large stock, but he was forced by the authorities to keep books about who is buying, I also had to sign in a list and show my passport.

I dont see any problem buying the same stuff from two different online platform. Buying it in multi liters is a different story. But hey, it was a tip blender after all.

Maybe Germany is diffrent to other EU member states.
Hard to believe that nobody keeps record of their costumers from day zero knowdays.

Red RP has very limmited legitimate use other than pyro and hobby chem.
Nitroethane is a perfect solvent however ain't cheap . I do see numerous legitimate application of this reagent.

Quote:

Other Eastern European countries like Czechia or Hungary might work too most probably.

People wrongly assumes that one can get anything from Eastern E.. Certain reagents indeed easily available, but others aren't. This was discussed and well phrased by someone else in a different topic .

Everything is exacly the same as in the US. Small businesses are a bit more flexiable.

The real party will start when Ukraine gets closer to the EU economic wise.

In my personal opinion most Western home chemists still have better access to reagents than Eastern hobbyist.
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-11-2017 at 13:30

Quote:
I dont see any problem buying the same stuff from two different online platform. Buying it in multi liters is a different story. But hey, it was a tip blender after all.

To my understanding exactly that was the problem, the buyer ordered rather small quantities on different sale places.
Why would you do that, you could order on one place a bigger amount. It left the impression, the buyer tried to conceal ordering one big amount.

Quote:

People wrongly assumes that one can get anything from Eastern E.. Certain reagents indeed easily available, but others aren't. This was discussed and well phrased by someone else in a different topic .

Everything is exacly the same as in the US. Small businesses are a bit more flexiable.

The real party will start when Ukraine gets closer to the EU economic wise.
In my personal opinion most Western home chemists still have better access to reagents than Eastern hobbyist.

You propably won't get anything in Eastern European countries. But in some, like Poland EU directives are not followed very strictly, you are correct, much more in smaller entities.
Russia on the other hand is quite restrictive on certain reagents. But that's not true for Poland, Czechia or Hungary.
It comes even down to that you can get this and that in Germany, other chemicals you get better in Poland or the US.
It was no problem for me to get Uranyl acetate, CCl4, Aniline, As2O3, HF, Sodium azide etc. at very reasonable prices in Poland. In Germany most of them are out of question for the amateur chemist.
Also it gets more restrictive by the day here, two years ago I was still able to get SOCl2 without much hazzle. That possibilty is now gone, only shipped to companies, there is still the possibilty to buy it from one single vendor who sells it to private individulas, but only if you catch it at the place (no shipment) and fill out a lot of paperwork. That's some 400 km's from me. And not to speak of the HNO3 ban, only 3% concentration to individuals, luckily I bought a lifetime supply before the EU madness became life.

As for Ukraine, if it gets into EU at all, you might be right, people there are much poorer compared to Poland or Hungary. They will sell you everything for USD or EUR.

[Edited on 13-11-2017 by Schleimsäure]
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-11-2017 at 20:56

Hi guys. I've been sitting on 2 litres of this for a long time(they may be more than a decade old, I'm not sure). Obviously I can't sell this on Ebay, so it's going to be bitcoin only. This time of year gives you the best odds when it comes to customs.

The buyer(s) is going to need to put down $20-$50 USD(depending on destination) worth of bitcoin as a non refundable shipping deposit. The agreed selling price can be paid after successful delivery. If you're not willing to gamble that much or you're assuming I'm a scammer, that's fine, just don't bother contacting me. I'm very busy with Xmas sales, so don't expect replies to PM's any sooner than 48 hours. Shipping from Canada btw, and you can specify whatever customs description you want on the parcel. I'm going to try and add a photo link below.

MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-12-2017 at 00:30

Asking $150 USD/L + shipping. Don't waste my time if you're going to flake out when it comes time to send a deposit. On holidays until 2018, but feel free to msg me with offers.
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-12-2017 at 13:26

Hehe, at least I can confirm that the stuff is legit. I bought from the same source, had the same label. The guy from 1000l.de once bought 1000l drums of benzaldehyde, nitroethane and DMSO. Hence his website name. He also had 100 kg's of Red P or so. At one point he offered a whole drum, think of DMSO or benzaldehyde, at ebay.
He no longer sells the Nitroethane though.
MorbidMule
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-1-2018 at 13:01

1 L sold, 1 L left. Dead insect included if you want it :)

[Edited on 14-1-2018 by MorbidMule]

Go To Top