Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Disappearance of nitroethane
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 15-6-2018 at 07:36

Yeah, it would be MUCH more entertaining to soak it into some ammonium nitrate and detonate it, if you REALLY want to get rid of it...

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

coppercone
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-6-2018 at 14:54

you got a hell of a panic attack going on there :o
Mush
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-8-2019 at 13:49

Nitroethane is partially back with End Use Declaration ( EUD / EVE ).
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Others

Mood: Probably

[*] posted on 14-8-2019 at 00:18

Quote: Originally posted by Mush  
Nitroethane is partially back with End Use Declaration ( EUD / EVE ).

The old source in Germany is selling it again, at 4x the price of 2015.
mackolol
Hazard to Others

Mood: Funky

[*] posted on 17-8-2019 at 00:59

Quote: Originally posted by Schleimsäure  
Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
I thought everyone went to Poland to get their suspicious chemicals in Germany?

Hehe ;)

Basically that is true. If you live in Eastern/Middle Germany Poland is the way to go. But of course you still have to find a source there. I had help of a Polish speaking colleague, who made the inquiries with Polish firms/shops for me in Polish. Other good thing is, some reagents you get at ridiculous low prices there, old stock pure grade 1-propanol for 2 EUR/l as an example, or got half a liter technical bromine for 7 EUR.

Other Eastern European countries like Czechia or Hungary might work too most probably.

Tell me please the name of Polish company that sold you 500ml of bromine for 7 EUR, I'm very curious.
Also, in Poland it is nearly impossible to get nitroethane too. There is one supplier with chemicals from Germany, but price is very high (229.85 for liter) and I wouldnt buy anything from him as he sells typical drug chemicals such as substituted propiophenones, and super hazardous chemicals such as mercury or pcl5 in kilogramme amounts.

[Edited on 17-8-2019 by mackolol]
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Others

Mood: Probably

[*] posted on 17-8-2019 at 09:06

Quote: Originally posted by mackolol  
Quote: Originally posted by Schleimsäure  
Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
I thought everyone went to Poland to get their suspicious chemicals in Germany?

Hehe ;)

Basically that is true. If you live in Eastern/Middle Germany Poland is the way to go. But of course you still have to find a source there. I had help of a Polish speaking colleague, who made the inquiries with Polish firms/shops for me in Polish. Other good thing is, some reagents you get at ridiculous low prices there, old stock pure grade 1-propanol for 2 EUR/l as an example, or got half a liter technical bromine for 7 EUR.

Other Eastern European countries like Czechia or Hungary might work too most probably.

Tell me please the name of Polish company that sold you 500ml of bromine for 7 EUR, I'm very curious.
Also, in Poland it is nearly impossible to get nitroethane too. There is one supplier with chemicals from Germany, but price is very high (229.85 for liter) and I wouldnt buy anything from him as he sells typical drug chemicals such as substituted propiophenones, and super hazardous chemicals such as mercury or pcl5 in kilogramme amounts.

[Edited on 17-8-2019 by mackolol]

It's an older chemist, near Breslau. He doesn't sell online, the cheap things I got out of his inventory.
Other example was 100g of LiAlH. It's propably from the 1990's, but it's from Merck still in the sealed tin can. 40 EUR for it was also not too bad.

Some things he ordered for me, then of course it's not as cheap, but 1l of aniline from "Chempur", pure, for 20 EUR is also reasonable.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top