Author: Subject: newly-discovered, naturally-occurring photonuclear reaction
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 26-11-2017 at 15:30
newly-discovered, naturally-occurring photonuclear reaction

Photonuclear reactions triggered by lightning discharge
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature24630

Ok, so it s not a new mechanism but the context of this reaction is I think a little unexpected. Common wisdom suggests that naturally-occurring nuclear reactions are either stellar processes or decay or reactions arising from the products of these processes. This one is intriguing and, who knows, maybe even useful.

(I only have access to the abstract of this paper but that was enough to pique my interest.)
ninhydric1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bleached

[*] posted on 26-11-2017 at 15:35

If you want I can send you the whole article. U2U me for access.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 02:20

It is coherent with what an old friend of mine (dead by now) working with the french CEA for the Louis De Broglie institute... did told me...

They were studying the electric monopoles (thunder spining in moderate size circles that travels at relatively slow speed vs common thunder... to do so they were doing electric blasts of pure metal electrodes into pure glycerin inside a pure plastic container... it was obvious after analysis that new elements were produced...
So somehow the electro-magnetic field blast catalyses the fusion of elements present into the media to generate others... via a low energy pathway... this was 10 years ago.

They also noticed that the magnetic monopoles (thunderballs) was able to induce decomposition of ammonium nitrate
into a closed recipient and without direct contact with the MM...this was investigated because of the AZF Toulouse blast and the fact many witnesses did mention slow lifting of electric lights above the ground a little prior to the detonation arround the area...

I don't know much more... but for sure we have stil a lot to discover...

[Edited on 4-12-2017 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
unionised
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 09:13

" it was obvious after analysis that new elements were produced..."
How obvious?
Normally the yields are practically immeasurably small.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 16:46

Quote: Originally posted by unionised  
How obvious?

Obvious like new elements atoms with different radius observable via electon-microscopy inside a homogenous crystalline matrix with tinier atoms... crystallinity was broken due to those larger atoms...

Fusion produce larger atoms than the initial ones...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 22:37

Can you provide examples were this indirect way of measurement of new nuclei is accepted as prove?
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-12-2017 at 03:58

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
Can you provide examples were this indirect way of measurement of new nuclei is accepted as prove?

No I can't... it wasn't my work nor my business...

Just very interesting discussions and e-mail exchange for about a year... with an old respectful man.

If I have time, and find all info back
(can take several monthes... I'm changing living place and eveything is packed and must be unpacked what takes as everybody knows more time than the packing)
... maybe I will publish those here... but I can't give you more than what I know or have and sadly the major source that could answer questions did passed away a few years ago...

The concept is maybe better unpublished and kept secret than widely accessible to all countries...
Imagine that everybody could do atomic fusion into its own kitchen... certainly not a pleasant idea for Atomic/Military agencies...

If you were able to make radioactive elements or gold/platinium into your lab for "cheap" from cheap materials... would you publish... when thinking this could bring you to a Nobel prize on one side ... but on the other side complete destabilisation of financial markets (thus of the world) or favourize war/terrorism with homemade nuclear weapons?
Though question... personnal interest/fame vs world welness/stability...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

unionised
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-12-2017 at 13:25

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  
Quote: Originally posted by unionised  
How obvious?

Obvious like new elements atoms with different radius observable via electon-microscopy inside a homogenous crystalline matrix with tinier atoms... crystallinity was broken due to those larger atoms...

Fusion produce larger atoms than the initial ones...

I have seen enough electron micro-graphs of things that have naturally occurring isotopes that I know, from personal experience that you can't see isotopes that way.
Nor, on theoretical grounds, would you expect to be able to.
That's before we get into the issue of nuclear energies being so high that their transitions trash the crystal structure for relatively large distances.

Go To Top