Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Firefox
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 02:01
Firefox

I've been trying to reach Firefox to set up an account for the past couple of days, and they don't seem to answer the phone. Email messages are returned by an autoresponder saying that one of the owners is in the hospital and to email another email address, which autoresponds with the same message. Does anyone know if they are currently operating?

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 13:03

Firefox as in the Mozilla-style web browser ?

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 13:21

Firefox is a U.S.-based pyro supplier that carries numerous pyro chemicals and a few uncommon items, including phosphorus pentoxide. I'm not really sure what use it has in pyrotechnics, but it's a powerful desiccant, and I want some.

You can check out their listings at http://www.firefox-fx.com/. I hope they are still operating....

Gurt
Harmless

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 16:38

I too am in the same boat. Would love to know what's going on there, been over a week for me. Hoping that they just are taking a long holiday or something of the sort...

Oops, seems I have found the answer a thread or so down... http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=77555

[Edited on Nov11-30-2017 by Gurt]
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 17:36

Are these the same company?

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 18:43

No, Harry Gilliam WAS Skylighter on the East coast in VA, Gary Purington IS (I hope at least, still!) Firefox, way out west in ID.

Firefox web site

I have met both in meat space, at PGI conventions and such.

Long time back, Harry was raising money for a business expansion and financed it with certificates good for 2X their nominal cost in retail priced pyro chemicals, but you had to pay full shipping. I had one, for $1,000.00 face value US.

And he graciously allowed me to pick up the $2,000.00 in fireworks chemicals at PGI convention instead of paying for all that hazardous material shipping. I still have some of that buy from around 2003?, it came in handy for all sorts of things.

I will miss Skylighter.

[Edited on 30-11-2017 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Gurt
Harmless

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 18:48

Uh oh, I somehow managed to completely misread that thread... For some reason I managed to read completely different names and get them as one... Hopefully all is well with firefox, they have some very attractive pricing!
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-11-2017 at 20:50

Yeah, hopefully Gary is ok... those hospital bills can get expensive.

zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 18:21

Ummm. I am close enough to Pocatello, to drive there in a day or so... During the temperate months.

This time of year, there are often climatic difficulties. Hundreds of miles impassible frozen roads. And, depending on which way the wind is blowing, Arctic or Semi-Arctic temperatures.

Let us hope our friends recover. They are after-all, a friendly business. One that is still willing to work with amateur chemists and pyrotechnics enthusiasts.

Best wishes, get well soon.

[Edited on 5-12-2017 by zed]
PirateDocBrown
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 19:54

Hobby Chem Supply is also gone, without explanation. Are we seeing an end to pyro chemistry sources?

Go To Top