Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Inert test tubes & teflon (or glass) cap liners.
Ozone
International Hazard

Mood: Integrated

[*] posted on 25-1-2018 at 13:50

I've had good results with these at up to about 160°C. A small stir bar will fit just fine. I will also tell you that if your reaction takes off, it will strip the threaded plug out of the glass--which remained intact (not so much objects hit by the projectile or the oil bath it was in). You may also need to clean out your pants.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chemglass-15mL-HW-Cylindrical-Press...

O3

-Anyone who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
--Albert Einstein
semiconductive
Hazard to Others

Mood: Explorative

[*] posted on 29-1-2018 at 13:31

Quote: Originally posted by Ozone  
I've had good results with these at up to about 160°C. A small stir bar will fit just fine. I will also tell you that if your reaction takes off, it will strip the threaded plug out of the glass--which remained intact (not so much objects hit by the projectile or the oil bath it was in). You may also need to clean out your pants.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chemglass-15mL-HW-Cylindrical-Press...

O3

:D

Those are basically what I want to put the little glass vials inside of to do reacctions. Right now, I can only put them in a steel container that can withstand explosions with silicone oil over the top to keep the glass vial from taking the pressure by itself .. but with a good pressure reaction vessel, I'd be able to see the reaction going on inside the disposable glass vial; That way I can see the reaction going on, and if the vial is still surrounded by silicone oil; even if it's ruined by a burnt chemical or even if it breaks ... the more expensive pressure reaction vessel should still have a layer of protection.

Thanks, that idea is definitely a step up from what I have.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top