Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Selling Oligonucleotide Synthesizer
Vmedvil
Banned for blowing margins instead of minds...

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-12-2017 at 13:06
Selling Oligonucleotide Synthesizer

Hello, I am about to get a new Oligonucleotide Synthesizer, but I would be interested in selling my old one a MilliGen/Biosearch Cyclone Plus DNA synthesizer for 500$ + Shipping (Will not Ship to some parts of the world) and it works along with has Card, It will have no chemicals in it when sold, 5 minute cycle for DNA Monomer-Nucleotide binding. It is just not fast enough nor does it have a computer interface for current needs.

The Front is marked for what Monomers go into what Vials.

[Edited on 18-12-2017 by Vmedvil]
VSEPR_VOID
National Hazard

Mood: Fullerenes

[*] posted on 18-12-2017 at 20:14

Looks int interesting but I am looking for something that can synthesize nucleotides thousand of base pairs in length.

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Vmedvil

[*] posted on 23-12-2017 at 15:51

Quote: Originally posted by VSEPR_VOID  
Looks int interesting but I am looking for something that can synthesize nucleotides thousand of base pairs in length.

Sorry, for not getting back to you earlier its max in one automated cycle is 100 base pairs in length but if you just leave the fragment in and do another cycle it will add on to it as long as you don't flush it.
VSEPR_VOID
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-12-2017 at 21:36

Quote: Originally posted by Vmedvil  
Quote: Originally posted by VSEPR_VOID  

Sorry, for not getting back to you earlier its max in one automated cycle is 100 base pairs in length but if you just leave the fragment in and do another cycle it will add on to it as long as you don't flush it.

So I could print out something a few thousand pairs long (continuous) as long as I just add another cycle? I thought this sort of machine would only be for making primers. If so how long does each cycle take and where can I get the chemicals/computer to run this.

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 23-12-2017 at 23:35

What is important in making long strands is the step efficiency. Every step has a certain efficiency, 95% e.g., which you have to multiply a 1000 times for a 1000 bp strand. 95% will give you an efficiency of 5x10^-23... About one molecule if you would start with one mole. That is the reason this type of synthesizer is not used for anything above one hundred.

One hundred is already pushing it with this kind of synthesizer.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-12-2017 at 04:21

I dont think you need a computer with this (could be wrong), compared to what was used a while back, this is a pretty good machine. Seems a good price as well. I would buy it but shipping and import duty would make it non viable.

VSEPR_VOID
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-12-2017 at 12:21

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
What is important in making long strands is the step efficiency. Every step has a certain efficiency, 95% e.g., which you have to multiply a 1000 times for a 1000 bp strand. 95% will give you an efficiency of 5x10^-23... About one molecule if you would start with one mole. That is the reason this type of synthesizer is not used for anything above one hundred.

One hundred is already pushing it with this kind of synthesizer.

Yeah, I thought it was too good to be true :(

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Vmedvil

[*] posted on 24-12-2017 at 22:07

The Efficiency is 99% , but at 99% , you would get errors past 100 base pairs for 1000 base pairs there would be 10 errors, 2000 then 20 errors and so on.

It is not as accurate microfluidics as newer ones but this is a 90s one.

The Newer ones are like minimum 70 grand with like a 99.9999% accuracy and 48 columns for multi-synthesis.

Lastly, this one does not require a computer it is directly built into the machine with no External computer interface.

This uses dT,dG,dA,dC Monomers, the other chemicals are labeled on the vials which are easy to get, The Monomers have to be bought from someone that knows what they are doing.

Many more places used to sell them but this is one left Mononer Supplier

[Edited on 25-12-2017 by Vmedvil]

Go To Top