Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Interesting read about extreme and exotic chemistry from a home chemist point of view
woelen
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 3-2-2018 at 13:31
Interesting read about extreme and exotic chemistry from a home chemist point of view

I found this while looking around for interesting reactions with HF and high oxidation state chemicals:

https://sites.google.com/site/energeticchemical/home

This apparently is a home chemist who does quite uncommon chemistry and tries to do this in a safe way, achieving interesting things (like making SO3, FClO3 and other very interesting chemicals).

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 3-2-2018 at 15:37

This looks like it is worth a good read.
Thanx woelen.

ninhydric1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bleached

[*] posted on 3-2-2018 at 18:40

Coincidentally, that website is written by former, banned SciMad member Anders Hoveland. If you were to search up anything in the search engine, you would see every article is written by him. Makes sense, as he seemed to have an interest in EMs.

The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.
joseph6355
Hazard to Others

Mood: Nitrated

[*] posted on 3-2-2018 at 21:54

Woow, that is gold. Thanks for sharing.
I will be definitely reading this later.

Oh, hello! :)

greenlight
National Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 00:31

Quote: Originally posted by ninhydric1  
Coincidentally, that website is written by former, banned SciMad member Anders Hoveland. If you were to search up anything in the search engine, you would see every article is written by him. Makes sense, as he seemed to have an interest in EMs.

I thought those HBIW synthesis pictures on the site looked familiar;)

The only use for an atomic bomb is to keep somebody else from using one.
George Wald
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 08:20

All described compounds and procedures are really exotic and extreme. Unfortunately in basically nothing for repeating, trying or testing.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
woelen
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 10:09

Some things are in reach of home chemists. I myself did quite some experiments with amine perchlorate salts and to my opinion this, albeit quite exotic, is not very dangerous or extreme in its reactions. If you have aqueous HClO4 or in some cases NaClO4 or NH4ClO4, the latter being still available in the EU and not regulated, then quite a lot of this chemistry is possible in an amateur setting.

There also is a page about TACC. I made the somewhat more energetic and also more stable TACP (tetrammine copper(II) perchlorate).

There also is an interesting page about making perchlorates from chlorates without the need to heat KClO3 above its melting point, with all its associated risks on runaway and explosion.

There certainly will be more pages with chemistry which can be done in an amateursetting, but I need to read more of this.

I think there certainly is something in this website which I will try soon.

[Edited on 4-2-18 by woelen]

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 10:21

Anders was always willing to boldly suggest doing things that he had not yet himself learned...

Look at his posting history (and his custom status) here REALLY hard, think critically about the groovy ideas he posts and best keep quantities small. Sort of informed speculating and experimenting is a good way to find out new things... Just be sure you don't also need to find out how to pick your nose without any fingers.

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/member.php?action=vie...

20180208_162343.png - 157kB

[Edited on 8-2-2018 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

woelen
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 11:53

I know of Anders Hoveland. He sometimes speculated, but what I read on his website looks legit. The amine-perchlorate things he writes about certainly are possible and I myself actually made some of such compounds some years ago (I also posted about them on sciencemadness). The TACC page also looks fine and his suggestions for making HClO4 from NH4ClO4 also can be useful and are worth to give a try.

I remember Anders being banned, not because of his chemistry posts, but because of his extreme politics he spewed out on sciencemadness, a little in the line of Breivik and the nordic white people alliances who want a world with nordic white people only and have quite violent ideas about how to reach that "ideal".

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 5-2-2018 at 01:20

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
Some things are in reach of home chemists. I myself did quite some experiments with amine perchlorate salts and to my opinion this, albeit quite exotic, is not very dangerous or extreme in its reactions. If you have aqueous HClO4 or in some cases NaClO4 or NH4ClO4, the latter being still available in the EU and not regulated, then quite a lot of this chemistry is possible in an amateur setting.

There also is a page about TACC. I made the somewhat more energetic and also more stable TACP (tetrammine copper(II) perchlorate).

[Edited on 4-2-18 by woelen]

During a 5 years of research is possible say, I am say, that all what you needed for 90% attempts is NaClO4 and NH4ClO4 as an the basic compounds. For shaped charge, cutting metals, detonography and even for EFP.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 14:32

I took another look, and note that there have been no updates by Anders since May of 2015?

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

joseph6355
Hazard to Others

Mood: Nitrated

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 15:08

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  
I took another look, and note that there have been no updates by Anders since May of 2015?

Maybe he died. :o
I will download everything. I don't want it to get lost like roguesci.

[Edited on 8/2/18 by joseph6355]

Oh, hello! :)

Go To Top