Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help IDS ASAP: VWR SYMPHONY SP70C METER
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-2-2018 at 08:08
Help IDS ASAP: VWR SYMPHONY SP70C METER

I'm looking for some meters that can do conductivity of liquids as well as testing PH. I think this model might do the job, but have had difficulty finding what it does. I have 2 hours to get bid in...

The description on "biosurplus" site lists description as follows and list pH meter in first sentence.
http://www.biosurplus.com/store/models/10810-vwr-symphony-sp...
VWR Symphony SP70C pH Meter. A handheld meter used for routine measurements of conductivity with ergonomic dustproof/splashproof epoxy design. Ideal for soil testing and water/wastewater analysis. Displays conductivity, resistivity, salinity, TDS, and temperature. Meters accepts four-electrode and two-electrode cells. Memory for up to 10 setup parameters and calibrations. Features waterproof mini-DIN locking probe connectors, advanced self-tests on meter operation with self-diagnostics, automatic or manual temperature compensation, and 200-point data logging. Data can be downloaded to printer or computer via the RS-232 connection. Cell Constant: 0.001 to 199.9. Conductivity Accuracy: ±0.5% ±1 digit or 0.01 µS/cm, whichever is greater. Conductivity Range: 0 to 3000 mS/cm. Conductivity Resolution: 4 sig digits down to 0.001 µS/cm. Resistivity Accuracy: ±0.5% ±1 digit. Resistivity Range: 0.0001 to 100 megohms. Resistivity Resolution: Automatic. Salinity Accuracy: ±0.1 ±1 digit. Salinity Range: 0.01 to 80.0 ppt (NaCl equivalent); 0.01 to 42 ppt (practical salinity). Salinity Resolution: 0.01. TDS Accuracy: ±0.5% ±1 digit. TDS Range: 0 to 19,999. TDS Resolution: 1. Temperature Accuracy: ±0.1°C. Temperature Resolution: 0.1 up to 99°C, 1.0. Temperature Range: –5 to 105°C.

Here is the description for a Youtube sale:

This is used with no probes or manuals. It powers up fine and looks good but it has not been tested further. From the manufacturer:
A handheld meter used for routine measurements of conductivity with ergonomic dustproof/splashproof epoxy design. Ideal for soil testing and water/wastewater analysis. Displays conductivity, resistivity, salinity, TDS, and temperature. Meters accepts four-electrode and two-electrode cells. Memory for up to 10 setup parameters and calibrations. Features waterproof mini-DIN locking probe connectors, advanced self-tests on meter operation with self-diagnostics, automatic or manual temperature compensation, and 200-point data logging. Data can be downloaded to printer or computer via the RS-232 connection. Cell Constant: 0.001 to 199.9. Conductivity Accuracy: ±0.5% ±1 digit or 0.01 µS/cm, whichever is greater. Conductivity Range: 0 to 3000 mS/cm. Conductivity Resolution: 4 sig digits down to 0.001 µS/cm. Resistivity Accuracy: ±0.5% ±1 digit. Resistivity Range: 0.0001 to 100 megohms. Resistivity Resolution: Automatic. Salinity Accuracy: ±0.1 ±1 digit. Salinity Range: 0.01 to 80.0 ppt (NaCl equivalent); 0.01 to 42 ppt (practical salinity). Salinity Resolution: 0.01. TDS Accuracy: ±0.5% ±1 digit. TDS Range: 0 to 19,999. TDS Resolution: 1. Temperature Accuracy: ±0.1°C. Temperature Resolution: 0.1 up to 99°C, 1.0. Temperature Range: –5 to 105°C.

I can get it at a good price (unless bidders jump in at end), but I dont' see much about PH. I'm wondering if the is a good tool to have in the lab if it can be had for $25-40 (from Univ surplus and in perfect physical condition with all probes).

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 2-7-2018 by RogueRose]

Go To Top