Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PUBLIC ADVISORY II: Doubleposting
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-3-2007 at 14:44
PUBLIC ADVISORY II: Doubleposting

I can't even believe I have to post this!

There's a very nice function on this board called the EDIT BUTTON. Use it for crying out loud!

Don't complain about trolls or whatever if you're keeping the mods busy yourself with editing and deleting your posts because you're too lazy to think twice!

Thank you very much.

[Edited on 3-3-2007 by vulture]

See, this function actually works! Amazing isn't it??

[Edited on 3-3-2007 by vulture]

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
redox
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chalcogenetic

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 16:45

I entirely agree with you, vulture, but I am just curious: what exactly is the evil in doubleposting? Is it loathed simply because its annoying?

p.s. I am not a doubleposter, nor do I endorse, encourage, advocate, or recommend doubleposting, I am just wondering.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 18:14

It's a waste and confusing. Why would you want one topic being discussed in multiply threads? It makes it hard for those interested to locate the information. Plus it makes the thread starter seem post-whorish and desperate for a response IMO.

By the way, what made you want to ask about a 4+ year old post? I would figure it would be obvious why a forum administrator would want users to start threads in the proper places.

[Edited on 11-4-2011 by Bot0nist]

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 19:45

Quote: Originally posted by redox  
I entirely agree with you, vulture, but I am just curious: what exactly is the evil in doubleposting? Is it loathed simply because its annoying?

p.s. I am not a doubleposter, nor do I endorse, encourage, advocate, or recommend doubleposting, I am just wondering.

Search for the huge thread on making Potassium... that 20 odd some page thread could be cut down to possibly less the 20 if double post are removed(go countem yourself and see). It would be so much cleaner and simpler on the search engine if it where just not done.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
m1tanker78
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-4-2011 at 19:42

By double posting, I assume you mean posting something then immediately posting a response before anyone else responds. If so, admins should extend the length of time one is able to edit his/her posts! It seems like after 24 hours or so, the 'edit' button disappears. Just a thought...
redox
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chalcogenetic

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 08:12

Quote: Originally posted by Bot0nist  
It's a waste and confusing. Why would you want one topic being discussed in multiply threads? It makes it hard for those interested to locate the information. Plus it makes the thread starter seem post-whorish and desperate for a response IMO.

By the way, what made you want to ask about a 4+ year old post? I would figure it would be obvious why a forum administrator would want users to start threads in the proper places.

[Edited on 11-4-2011 by Bot0nist]

I thought doubleposting was what tank said? Posting in a thread and then posting again in the same thread before someone else? You seem confused (Or maybe it's me that is confused...).

My quite small but growing Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealChemLabs

Newest video: Synthesis of Chloroform

The difference between chemists and chemical engineers: Chemists use test tubes, chemical engineers use buckets.
AJKOER
Radically Dubious

[*] posted on 17-8-2011 at 04:24

Hi:

I used the delete option yesterday as I seemingly saw a repeat of my opening thread entitled "Making Ferrates with Household Chemicals" by AJKOER in the General Chemistry section. Well, somehow the whole opening thread was deleted.

As I believe my thread is very important (a new production route for Ferrates) and am doing more testing and research before applying for a Provisional Patent. I would appreciate if someone could fix it (I placed my original opening thread with pictures further down in the thread, but this is an ugly place for a potentially important work. In particular, Sodium percarbonate and NH4OH appear to produce a more rapid and robust (with respect to process) avenue to Ferrate production than existing methods.

Thanks

Go To Top