Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Paranoia while buying reagents?
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 27-7-2008 at 14:53

Quote:

You can get Malonic acid in small quantities if you look. Texas has outlawed it however due to the abundance of meth labs in the state. Acetic Anydride has a threshold limit. Don't buy enough to raise a flag. If you look around you can find it for sale to hobbyists as well.

I hear what you are saying and I have bought some chems even when I was uncomfortable doing so- benzyl alcohol, for example. We all have our own feel for what the risk level is for a given chem. If you get a knock on the door you are on your own.

The chemicals I own are legal and I don't make illegal chemicals or items. But this does not mean that if I get a visit for buying a suspicious chemical that I will be treated fairly or even legally by LE. I've heard too many stories to the contrary.

We have not yet heard the whole story behind the 600 "GBL" raids in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. If it turns out that all the homes that were raided were indeed using their chemicals for illegal activity, then I will glady lighten up on my paranoia.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top