Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Accurate Constants
vehmently
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-4-2018 at 16:56
Accurate Constants

Where can one find an online source of most-recent, accurate and precise constants for pure elemental substances? In particular, I require the best density at STP, linear coefficient of expansion for Cu, Al, Ag, Pd, Au, ... - all the common industrial/pgm metals.

I've found Atomic Mass Units reliably here: https://www-nds.iaea.org/relnsd/vcharthtml/VChartHTML.html

Ideally, I'd like to get the linear expansions of each bulk isotope (Ag107 versus Ag109) instead of just a terrestrial sample but I know that is a stretch to get.

I've also noticed Avogadro's Number varies from place to place.

As many of you probably know, the standards is going to be updated by the end of the year. A couple articles have come out in the past ten years also talking about how some physics constants seems to be slightly changing and were trying to ascertain if via contamination, etc.

So... where does one find the good stuff ?

Thanks,
J
vehmently
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-4-2018 at 17:00

As a side note, I've found I'm relying more and more on my Alfa Aesar ordering book of research chemicals from 2008-09 and the constants therein. The Aluminum-27 expansion coefficient, for example, is all over the place when comparing various sources. Anyone have any particular favorites they'd like to share?

Go To Top