Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: KCLO4 , KLCO3 , Dark Aluminium Powder , Hexamine
FeedMe94
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 12:54
KCLO4 , KLCO3 , Dark Aluminium Powder , Hexamine

My supplier from UK gave up his license cause he is old enough so he cannot buy any more those chemicals. I have some left but im already looking for a new supplier, i dont want to spend them if i cannot get more. Any idea about KCLO4 , KLCO3 , Dark Aluminium Powder , Hexamine suppliers in EU ?
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 13:55

KClO3 and KClO4 cannot be purchased anymore, unless you have a so-called EP-license (Explosives Precursors license). Obtaining such a license probably is not easy, if you just want it for hobby purposes. The same is true for NaClO3 and NaClO4. These are cheap and common chlorates and perchlorates, but the general public cannot purchase these anymore (fear of abuse for terrorism).

You can make KClO3 fairly easily at low cost (by means of electrolysis, using an MMO anode). Making KClO4 in large quantities at low cost is not easy. If you only use perchlorates for small-scale experiments (i.e. not for pyrotechnics), then you could buy ammonium perchlorate or perchloric acid and make other perchlorates from that. These chemicals are expensive! E.g. HClO4 (60%) will probably be well over GBP 50 per liter, NH4ClO4 will be several tens of GBP per kg. From these you can make the Na- and K-salts, but it makes very expensive NaClO4 or KClO4 (somewhere between GBP 50 and GBP 75 per kg if you count the price of all chemicals, plus a lot of time).

Al-powder and hexamine are no problem: just search on eBay, you will find several sellers, also in the UK.

[Edited on 15-4-18 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
FeedMe94
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 14:15

Thank you for the answer. Im using at least 2kg of KCLO4 or KCLO3 every Easter. Its a tradition here to make firecrackers. Too bad its too hard to get them nowdays. Could you give me any link for dark aluminium or hexamine cause i couldn't find anything on eBay or google search. Hexamine only in china
VSEPR_VOID
National Hazard

Mood: Fullerenes

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 19:47

I would be happy to send any chemical legal in the U.S. to you so long as shipping, the cost of the reagent, and a 10% fee was payed for. U2U me if you want to place an order.

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 15-4-2018 at 19:55

Please take any such dealings elsewhere. I don't even want to bother with explaining the actual local and international shipping requirements. Let's just say, if you were really qualified to ship Hazmat in USA, you would never have posted this offer.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
15-4-2018 at 19:55

Go To Top