Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 4-piperidone
Db33
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-4-2018 at 20:07
4-piperidone

A few years ago i got this bottle from a chem supplier and its unopened and still factory sealed. 50 grams of pure 4-Piperidone Monohydrate Hydrochloride. Its just sitting for now and so i was wondering if theres any interest please PM Me.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-4-2018 at 22:11

Hmm... I always like having more building blocks and whatnot, but what would I do with that one?

Db33
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-4-2018 at 01:46

its a widely used intermediaate in industrial chems so im sure theres lots that could be done with it.
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 24-4-2018 at 15:31

Seems like it might be used as a Fentanyl precursor. We have a member that has a license to utilize such reactions, but he hasn't posted in a while.

I would suggest under normal circumstances, you might have legal problems if you sell this material. Might or might not be legal to sell. Technically, unlisted. But, somethings that aren't listed, look really really bad.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal....

[Edited on 24-4-2018 by zed]

[Edited on 24-4-2018 by zed]
Db33
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2018 at 16:06

woah, thats a hasty thing to say since i mean Benzene can be used to make Methamphetamine, Pepper, which is basically Piperine can be used to make MDMA (ecstasy). But Benzene is widely discussed and used for other things so is 4-piperidone. It is not an illegal chem nor would i ever use it for that purpose. I just didnt want it wasted by sitting around, i was hoping to sell it to someone who wanted it for LEGIT reasons. Ive sold and bought chems on here before and i trust people onthis site more than any other which is why i offered it. But i just want to be clear that in NO way do i condone making drugs and i would never sell a chemical to someone with that intent. It ruins the entire hobby of chemistry and makes our hobby MUCH more of a pain in the ass.

In fact its the entire reason this discussion is even happening. Such an innocuous chem like 4-piperidone should be widely available for all to use and experiment with since its such a great building block. But of course with todays DEA and War on Drugs, etc. All chemicals are now thought of as only good for 1 thing. And that makes me really sad. God forbid i had something like Nitroethane or Benzaldehyde or some other really useful, cool chems because they are so watched its ridiculous.
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 07:50

Quote: Originally posted by Db33  
woah, thats a hasty thing to say since i mean Benzene can be used to make Methamphetamine, Pepper, which is basically Piperine can be used to make MDMA (ecstasy). But Benzene is widely discussed and used for other things so is 4-piperidone. It is not an illegal chem nor would i ever use it for that purpose. I just didnt want it wasted by sitting around, i was hoping to sell it to someone who wanted it for LEGIT reasons. Ive sold and bought chems on here before and i trust people onthis site more than any other which is why i offered it. But i just want to be clear that in NO way do i condone making drugs and i would never sell a chemical to someone with that intent. It ruins the entire hobby of chemistry and makes our hobby MUCH more of a pain in the ass.

In fact its the entire reason this discussion is even happening. Such an innocuous chem like 4-piperidone should be widely available for all to use and experiment with since its such a great building block. But of course with todays DEA and War on Drugs, etc. All chemicals are now thought of as only good for 1 thing. And that makes me really sad. God forbid i had something like Nitroethane or Benzaldehyde or some other really useful, cool chems because they are so watched its ridiculous.

Good to see you back, DB33.

I was just looking at your thread about how to extract unspecified alkaloids from some OTC cherry flavored drug you were unwilling to name.

Did you ever make any progress on that after Texium deritused your thread?

Maybe you've been too busy since then with raging about how hard drug cooks make it for legitimate chemists like you.

Anyway, best of luck selling your totally innocuous 4-piperidone.:D

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 08:07

I'm half tempted to buy it, but I don't have a use for it (and no, putting the bottle on display and glancing at it while cackling evilly from time to time doesn't count as a use)... and while it might be cool to have some, seeing how I wouldn't be using it to make highly potent and addictive analgesics, I'd want a lot more than 50 grams.

Cryolite.
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 11:55

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
I'm half tempted to buy it, but I don't have a use for it (and no, putting the bottle on display and glancing at it while cackling evilly from time to time doesn't count as a use)... and while it might be cool to have some, seeing how I wouldn't be using it to make highly potent and addictive analgesics, I'd want a lot more than 50 grams.

That sounds like a perfectly adequate use! It's what I do with my osmium tetroxide ampoule, at least :D
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 13:59

Hey! Could be very useful and profitable to possess, come the end of civilization.

Until such time arises, I wouldn't like it on record, that I had purchased some, without a really good and legitimate reason.

Scientifically, the material can be used to produce all sorts of exotic analgesics.... If, you have the requisite permits. Most of us don't have 'em.

Our forum Fentanyl guy might be interested in making the purchase, but he hasn't posted in the last 6 Mo. to a year.

Go To Top