Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Dear god... I have a LOT of sodium metal.
7he3ngineer
Harmless

Mood: above average

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 23:41

Don't get me wrong, the penalties would be the same here, yet it reassures me that these teachers are still evaluating risks and dangers with their heads (and this teachers got a good one), and not just with the rulebook. Let me just point out that only 1 or 2 students were granted a taste, and besides this, in the case of my brother, he was aware that he (with myself) had already been down that path ourselves (just from fermented sugar, not starting with wine to make brandy).

NOTE: scientifically speaking, 1 taste = not very much:D

Josh

Engineers aren\'t boring people, we\'re just interested in boring things!
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 23:44

I realize that. And even if no one tasted it and he didn't even show it to the kids and someone discovered he brought alcohol to work he would have been fired.

I, personally think it's rediculous. And I despise alcohol.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
crazyboy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Marginally insane

[*] posted on 9-4-2008 at 09:02

Well my biology teacher had us all make alcohol in class with yeast water glucose and cranberry juice. Some where temped to drink it but its color and smell discouraged them.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top