Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6  
Author: Subject: sciencelab .com
helleborine
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-3-2010 at 13:56

I have the page on controlled susbtances done: Controlled Substances

I welcome suggestions to make it better.
javagamer
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-3-2010 at 14:17

This is great, keep up the good work helleborine. It feels great to read through everything you're doing and it's really inspiring. Once I have more free time I'll be sure to file some more complaints and see if I can make things a bit worse for them.
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-3-2010 at 18:40

I very much appreciate your encouragement and your feedback.

It is your ideas that I appreciate the most. I have received a great many suggestions and tips on forums, and I couldn't put a coherent story together without this invaluable help.

If anyone has a few minutes to compare the sciencelab.com MSDS to those from legitimate chemical suppliers, and point out key, important differences, I would be immensely grateful. It's not like looking for a needle in a haystack, their MSDS's are all out of whack, and that's me making a cursory scan with my untrained eye. These errors are of course more important with some chemicals than others. It's identifying which chemicals to look at that is difficult for me.

But trust me on this at least, ANY MSDS you compare will have several key dangerous discrepancies with the legit MSDS's.

undead_alchemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Tired, Cleaning up corporate messes at work!

[*] posted on 20-3-2010 at 18:48

http://sciencelab-msds.com/2dingedbottles.html
The bottles that sciencelab used for the propylene glycol are made for bathroom products.
I have seen them used for bath soaps and other things.

I have only seen propylene glycol packed in amber glass or metal cans.

The labels are the only things that look professional.

--- Update ---

If I can, I will see if I can get some photos of the same bottles being used for bathroom products. Don't have to go far, Just check Dollarama.

[Edited on 21-3-2010 by undead_alchemist]
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-3-2010 at 19:50

Haha, great, I just added this.
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-3-2010 at 11:46

I've spent the whole weekend working my keister off and I'm nearly done with the website.

I'm sure I'll make change to reflect inspiration I get in my dreams ;-) as well as any funny bits, insights, or factoids you would be willing to contribute.

I'm still looking for more ScienceLab.com MSDS vs. legitimate MSDS battle material!

http://sciencelab-msds.com/

==================
In other news I've filed a worker safety complaint with OSHA. I didn't make anything up, said what I knew, and that they'd be wise to look more closely at the situation.

[Edited on 21-3-2010 by helleborine]
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 21-3-2010 at 12:29

Quote: Originally posted by helleborine  
I have the page on controlled susbtances done: Controlled Substances

I welcome suggestions to make it better.

I personally think that this is a weak claim because it highlights no new wrongdoing. If you search for fentanyl on Aldrich's site, for example, you'll find that they are selling 25 mg for $106.50 (this is the only quantity currently in stock) and their information page is similarly terse about the legal requirements: it just says "DEA Schedule II ... Controlled Substance Admin Charge" and doesn't detail licensing or documentation (though it is surely required before an order ships).

The main thing that differentiates sciencelab's catalog from Aldrich's is that items from the Aldrich catalog are actually delivered when a buyer is charged. Offering and failing to deliver fentanyl frankly seems no worse to me than offering and failing to deliver propylene glycol or any other chemical. The only thing that might make this noteworthy in its own right is if the company turns out to not actually require any sort of documentation before completing controlled substance "purchases" (i.e. customer wallet-cleansings). But in order to test that you'd need to try to make another purchase, possibly under a different name since they already know you're disgruntled.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
undead_alchemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Tired, Cleaning up corporate messes at work!

[*] posted on 21-3-2010 at 14:02

On the Sciencelab.com site, is there any mention of the Texas laws for precursors?
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/criminal_law_enforcement/narcot...

Quote:

Precursor Chemical Program

The precursor chemical statute was enacted by the legislature in 1987 for the purpose of controlling the diversion of chemicals used in the illegal manufacture of drugs, primarily methamphetamine and amphetamine. In 1989, the statute was amended and requires anyone who sells, transfers, furnishes, or purchases certain precursor chemicals or certain laboratory apparatus to be regulated by DPS.
"Chemical precursor" means:

(A) Methylamine
(B) Ethylamine
(C) D-lysergic acid
(D) Ergotamine tartrate
(E) Diethyl malonate
(F) Malonic acid
(G) Ethyl malonate
(H) Barbituric acid
(I) Piperidine

(J) N-acetylanthranilic acid
(K) Pyrrolidine
(L) Phenylacetic acid
(M) Anthranilic acid
(N) Ephedrine
(O) Pseudoephedrine
(P) Norpseudoephedrine
(Q) Phenylpropanolamine
(R) Hypophosphorous acid
(S) Red phosphorus

"Chemical laboratory apparatus" means any item of equipment designed, made, or adapted to manufacture a controlled substance or a controlled substance analogue, including:

(A) a condenser
(B) a distilling apparatus
(C) a vacuum drier
(D) a three-neck or distilling flask
(E) a tableting machine
(F) an encapsulating machine
(G) a filter, Buchner, or separatory funnel

(H) an Erlenmeyer, two-neck, or single-neck flask
(I) a round-bottom, Florence, thermometer, or
filtering flask
(J) a Soxhlet extractor
(K) a transformer
(L) a flask heater
(M) a heating mantel or
(N) an adaptor tube

Narcotics personnel with the Precursor Chemical/Laboratory Apparatus Section process one-time and annual applications, renew annual permits, enter sales transactions into an investigative database, gather intelligence from law enforcement contacts throughout the country, network with business representatives, and assist investigators nationwide by providing current information relating to methods, ingredients, places of purchase, contacts, etc., related to clandestine laboratory activity.

Generally, a person or business in this state must obtain a permit to take or place an order or to deliver or receive a precursor chemical or laboratory apparatus. The Department issues two types of permits for regulated precursor chemicals or laboratory apparatus (glassware), one to legitimate businesses (NAR-121), and the other for one-time transactions (NAR-120) where the items will be used solely for legitimate purposes. Each principal business location must have a separate permit. There is no fee for either permit. While the permit should not be displayed at a business location, it must be maintained so as to be promptly retrieved upon proper demand. The applications can be downloaded from this site but they must be printed, completed, and then mailed to our office. The forms must be originals; faxed and photocopies are not acceptable. The business permit will expire one year from the month of issuance. After the permit expires, the permit holder no longer has authority to receive or deliver a precursor or apparatus. A permit holder may not transfer or assign to another person a permit document or number, or an authority conferred by the permit.

A business must report to the director of the DPS Precursor Chemical/Laboratory Apparatus Section each incident in which the Texas distributor delivers a precursor chemical or laboratory apparatus to a person located inside or outside this state regardless of whether the recipient holds a permit or not. The report must be made not later than the seventh day after the distributor completed the transaction. The distributor must maintain this record for at least two years from the date of the transaction.

A business requesting a permit must meet and maintain security, recordkeeping, inventory, and reporting requirements. An applicant or permit holder must give written consent to inspect. The inspection will be conducted by a member of the Department who is assigned to the Narcotics Service. Failure to allow initial inspection may be grounds for denial of the permit application.

Questions about the permitting process, permit requirements, or the status of an application should be directed to precursor.chemicals@txdps.state.tx.us or (512) 424-2481/2482.

[Edited on 21-3-2010 by undead_alchemist]
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-3-2010 at 15:21

The word "precursor" appears only once, and in singular form, on the whole sciencelab.com website:

site search
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-3-2010 at 15:32

This website lists licensee for distribution of precursors. Am I right? Can someone help double-check?

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/csr/index.aspx

I don't believe sciencelab.com has a license.

=================

The following REGISTRANTS are not displayed: Manufacturer, Researcher, Teaching Institution, Distributor, and Analyst/Analytical Lab. Should you need information concerning one of these Business Activities, call 512-424-2188.

Ah, that explains it.

[Edited on 21-3-2010 by helleborine]
ScienceLabDotCom
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-3-2010 at 15:56

Hey Helleborine, great work!

Just a heads-up, the guy with the dinged up bottles that had a fiercely botched-up experience with ScienceLab.com, he dropped me a note to let me know that even though he removes his content, he archived it separately for us to reference.

http://www.ecstaticlyrics.com/bullshit/sciencelab.com/

Gotta love the URL...
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-3-2010 at 07:35

And thank YOU for your trailblazing work, SLDC!

They're still jerking me around for my refund, so you know they've got to be pretty hard up for cash. I'm sure they'd shut me up quickly IF they had the money. Sadly, they would have to steal from someone else in order to pay me... maybe they can have a bake sale or borrow from relatives.

On Wednesday, they asked for a scan of my MC statement supporting my claim that I had been charged $473.77 CDN. I sent it immediately. Then I didn't hear from them until Monday. Now they want to double-check my address. I asked for a tracking number. Now they're going to have to pull the random number generator AGAIN! No fresh news of them actually sending me any money.

They won't give me a credit with MasterCard - that's instant, and irreversible. No, they insist on sending me a check. A check takes time to arrive, and because it's international, I will not find out that the check bounced for a whole month.

However, I will consider myself "UNREFUNDED" until such time as $473.77 exactly reaches my bank account permanently and securely.

And as long as I am UNREFUNDED, I will wake up everyday, and labor to find creative new ways to push a stick into their spokes.
smaerd
International Hazard

Mood: hmm...

[*] posted on 24-3-2010 at 09:59

Isn't this kind of a ponzi scheme?

I hope you get your money back helleborine these people are total scum!
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-3-2010 at 12:34

Thursday is almost over; no news of a tracking number, of a check actually being sent...

Again, I'm not even going to slow down the crusade until the money is securely back in my bank account.

Skyjumper
Hazard to Self

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 28-3-2010 at 14:15

Maybe its time to pay the district attorney in texas a visit?
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-3-2010 at 07:49

I have my complaint at the TX Attorney General.

Still no sign of a refund in my mailbox, they are so jerking me around. If they were serious about my refund, it would be credited to MC already.

My website Sciencelab.com IS A FRAUD - is doing pretty good with people searching (sciencelab.com msds), it's on the first page, but still on page 3 for people searching (sciencelab.com).

I need to create a new page on the website. Anyone has any idea?

Skyjumper
Hazard to Self

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 30-3-2010 at 15:38

oh lord, Google Page Rank
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 31-3-2010 at 06:05

The mailman has come and gone. Still no sign of a refund.

Not that I'm expecting a refund, I'm merely humoring them. If a refund was coming, they would have given me a tracking number.

So.

I added photos of Humble/Kingwood residents Stacey Tyler, and two MUGSHOTS of owner Rob Tyler (aka Robert Marvin Tyler), dated as recently as 2007 and 2009. Cinder blocks are such a fitting background for him, I took away the picture of him being smug on a boat, and put the mug shots instead. It was purely an artistic decision.

Rob Tyler & Stacey Tyler of Kingwood TX

[Edited on 4-20-2010 by Polverone]
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 31-3-2010 at 06:38

Keep going helleborine - I'd say the refund will come, and maybe soon.
The work you're doing is in all our interests and we support you.

ScienceLabDotCom
Harmless

[*] posted on 31-3-2010 at 08:33

Whoooa now. Are those actual mugshots of Mr. Rob Tyler? I'm intrigued, and curious as to what the charges were. I tried looking up warrant records for Harris County, Humble and Houston, TX... but no dice.

I've got a clearer picture of Stacey that was found on the internet... drop me a note if you want a copy of it. :) Sadly, it's not a mugshot, but she does seem to have a very healthy smile. ::nods::

So, here's a good story... currently in the works.

Another gal contact me a couple days ago who is in the middle of trying to get a refund for a recent order. After not hearing from ScienceLab.com or seeing anything arrive for a couple weeks, she followed-up and got the "it will be here shortly, and we'll ship it when it arrives" excuse from one of their employees over the phone.

I mean, it's brilliant if you think about it. She's already been strung along for half the amount of time that her credit card company allows for a dispute to be filed. You'd think the ball is in ScienceLab.com's court for makingout with another stack of free cash.

This consumer did a quick google search, found all these scam references and immediately asked for a refund. Meanwhile, she hopped over to another company, thesciencefair.com, placed the same "special" order, and it shipped that same day.

Here's the kicker; she clearly notified ScienceLab.com within their Terms-of-Use stated timeframe of 3 days to get a refund on her special order after the items had been dubbed a backorder... yet she has not received any further communication from them.

So the good thing for her is that she's been in contact with her credit card company and is disputing the charge, and has a ton of backup supporting her claim. The bad thing is that their independent consultant seems to have gone rogue, Stacey was said to be working "remotely" as per usual, and they've left the company in the hands of nobody with decision making authority again.

ScienceLab.com = Bad

TheScienceFair.com = Good

http://twitter.com/sciencelabcom
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-4-2010 at 06:07

HEY OH

We have someone at the Harris County DA office that's finally looking at the case. If you have a complaint against sciencelab.com that you'd like to detail, send me a U2U message and I'll give you his email addy.
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 16:24

I received a refund. A last.

I need a vacation :o
gnitseretni
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 17:33

Congrats! :cool:
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-4-2010 at 23:44

HELLEBORINE

My only advice is: DO NOT GIVE UP. You just spent your spare time making thes people's life's a living hell, and proved to be very well at it. And perhaps they may one day change their ways because of your actions.

They are praying on the innocent and those without he resources, financial backing, or mental capacities to fight back and they know that. It irs reminiscent of people scamming the elderly or invading the homes of handicapped people. They are the negative aspect of our society and deserve what is coming to them.

Please Helleborine, please do not quit your crusade against Sciencelab.com as it will only lead to the pain and suffering of many other suckers who get pulled into their trap.

Please, I kow you have received your refund, but I implore you to do not give up on putting these criminals in their place, where they belong.

Please, as time allows, continue to fight the good fight, if only for the benefit of all the future potential marks. Plus whay allow the scam artists to live the good life by robbing the poor.

Regards,
AOBTD
helleborine
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-4-2010 at 04:42

Don't worry; but it is no longer in my hands. It is in the hands of an investigator in the Texas Justice system. Again, if anyone has stories, send me a message, and I'll give you the investigator's email address. We have our foot in the door, all we need is the strength that comes from numbers.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6  

Go To Top