Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7
Author: Subject: sciencelab .com
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 10-4-2010 at 05:07

Well done helleborine - your persistence paid off and ScienceLab's experience will serve as a warning to other would-be rip-off merchants.

Sydenhams chorea
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-5-2010 at 03:46

Actually, I do not believe all these claims about being ripped off by Sciencelab.com. According to my judgement using the preternatural psychoteleportation abilities I inherited from my East-Anatolian Bosha gypsy great-grandaunt, I feel the people of sciencelab.com are honest, responsive and meek as newborn lambs. I feel it is the complainers who are being greedy!

That is why I decided to highly recommend them wherever I could, and subsequently proceeded to send all their contact details to about 350 of my (mostly Central-African) acquaintances, including but not limited to bank directors, high-ranking military officers, representatives of gold-mining companies, the board of directors of several lotteries, recruitment officers, religiously inspired people, barristers and attorneys, and even more than once mr. Ban Ki-Moon, secretary-general of the United Nations himself (through his Nigerian representatives).

I've also sent these to many (mostly Eastern European and Russian) lonely girls who were looking for a serious relationship, so that they perhaps may take interest and pursue chemistry as a hobby to alleviate their loneliness.

Glad to be of help to the nice people of sciencelab.com

Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.
François de La Rochefoucauld.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 16-5-2010 at 03:54

Hmmm, that pretty Russian girl I sent all my money to should have arrived here months ago. . .

quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 16-5-2010 at 04:12

I can tell anyone who's interested; Sciencelab.com - took my $, nothing arrived - called and called, finally told this and that's on "back order". This was a LONG time back. since then I got hooked up with real suppliers via Global. Business to business purchases were pennies on the dollar to pyro-outlets and even eBay.
But for the majority of things, it's SO easy to find them OTC if you get into grabbing MSDS sheets. The biggest grief is that boarder states have labels that are printed in Eng/Span so there's no ROOM for contents. Thus you HAVE to get an MSDS. Ace has a private website w/ all their MSDS. Home Depot's too much of a pain in the ass. Lowes has a big binder at Customer Service. Google MSDS, consumer materials, USA & you might find a gold mine but don't post the private ones.

MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 16-5-2010 at 18:01

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If so, I will delete the redundant information:

http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/petroleum-produc...

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
Mabus
Wiki Master

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 21-7-2016 at 14:48
ScienceLab down?

I can't access the site at all. Anyone else has the same problem?

skip
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-7-2016 at 15:39

If they are shut down they deserve it. rip off artists.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 21-7-2016 at 18:17

Quote: Originally posted by skip  
If they are shut down they deserve it. rip off artists.

Care to enlighten? I seem to recall some of their prices being kind of expensive, while others where reasonable compared to commonly available sources.

Wait, or was this the one that was ridiculously expensive stuff with a somewhat decent selection?

I can't keep up with all the little science supply shops I have visited on the net. I think I am thinking of Science Company.

[Edited on 22-7-2016 by Loptr]

[Edited on 22-7-2016 by Loptr]
Mabus
Wiki Master

[*] posted on 22-7-2016 at 00:10

I kind of liked their MSDS sheets. For some compounds, SL were the only ones having them.

EDIT: Yeah, they seem to be scam:
http://sciencelabdotcom.blogspot.com/
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=8270
Wonder if they just changed domain to continue doing shady stuff under different name.

[Edited on 22-7-2016 by Mabus]

Mabus
Wiki Master

[*] posted on 22-7-2016 at 00:47

Well, their site is gone now. Can't find any news about them being shut down, maybe they packed and fled.

Texium
Administrator
Threads Merged
22-7-2016 at 16:32
Mabus
Wiki Master

[*] posted on 31-7-2016 at 03:32

Nope, they're back.

The jersey rebel
Hazard to Self

Mood: dealing with excessive change

[*] posted on 30-9-2016 at 04:19

Just checked and the sciencelab site is still up. I've never dealt with them but I assume that the prices are steep due to liabilities and licensing. If you want to buy or sell chemicals I highly recommend checking out molport.com. BTW I have no affiliation with the company. It's just a cool site.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7

Go To Top