Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Detonator
chemicalcutter
Harmless

smile.gif posted on 19-6-2018 at 22:15
Detonator

Hello everyone,
I am trying to make a detonator that would detonate a Detonator cord.
I want to RDX as primary explosive.I don't where to acquire and how to handle safely? thank you for your advise.

Daniel
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-6-2018 at 01:42

Your question hears as from some robot. And does not know what he says......:cool:

Safety explosive Alfred Nobel 1867. Safely ecologic detonator Dr. Liptakov 2015.
Rocinante
Hazard to Self

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 20-6-2018 at 01:56

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Blasting-Cap-...
Herr Haber
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-6-2018 at 03:07

If you want to set off det cord your main concern should not be how to make the detonator but how to attach it to the cord.

You'll easily find Army instruction manuals about how to do this. What's not so easy is to get it right.
Wanted to blow up stuff ? You'll have to learn about making knots first !
joseph6355
Hazard to Others

Mood: Nitrated

[*] posted on 21-6-2018 at 03:34

Quote: Originally posted by chemicalcutter  
Hello everyone,
I am trying to make a detonator that would detonate a Detonator cord.
I want to RDX as primary explosive.I don't where to acquire and how to handle safely? thank you for your advise.

Daniel

RDX is not a primary.
You can't buy it at walmart. In most countries its simply impossible to buy it legally. In the US there is a series of requirements, licenses and investigation for them to give you a permit.
RDX is pretty safe on its own, but you could plasticize it.
If you want a primary for detonators, I suggest DDNP or TACP (the blue one) and an ETN base charge at the bottom of the detonator.
I'm not sure how to make detcord go boom, but I guess you could insert the detonator in the detcord tube or even wrap it around the detonator body (specially at the end of it).

Oh, hello! :)

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 21-6-2018 at 03:46

Lazy, spoon feeding post. This isn't worthy of being a topic in EM. Beginnings..

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
21-6-2018 at 03:47
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 21-6-2018 at 06:36

Quote: Originally posted by joseph6355  

I'm not sure how to make detcord go boom, but I guess you could insert the detonator in the detcord tube or even wrap it around the detonator body (especially at the end of it).

Lol!

roXefeller
National Hazard

Mood: 220 221 whatever it takes

[*] posted on 21-6-2018 at 06:51

I know, this whole thread should be laughed at from the comfort of detritus. Not only is it a duplication of other SM threads, but the subject is well depicted in the blasters handbook.
joseph6355
Hazard to Others

Mood: Nitrated

[*] posted on 21-6-2018 at 07:11

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  

I'm not sure how to make detcord go boom, but I guess you could insert the detonator in the detcord tube or even wrap it around the detonator body (especially at the end of it).

Lol!

Are you making fun of the grammar misspelling or the method for detonating detcord?
I surely hope that its the latter, otherwise you'd be a very immature individual.

[Edited on 21/6/18 by joseph6355]

Oh, hello! :)

hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 21-6-2018 at 08:06

Are you making fun of the grammar misspelling or the method for detonating detcord?

WTF! You don't know...I mean, seriously?

There's immaturity around, certainly...

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
21-6-2018 at 10:21
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 21-6-2018 at 11:08

Every now and then, I think about NBK. Then I usually breathe deeply and get on with life, not killing anyone who was just mildly annoying or anything like that. Hell, I'm usually even polite.

Anyhow. Detritus it is. He never came back under that account to see his answer, so I assume It's someone having a bit of a troll. Probably someone who is also here under another name, and knows exactly which of your buttons to push.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Go To Top