Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Scored some serious lab safety gear!
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-7-2018 at 17:13
Scored some serious lab safety gear!

Talk to local fire departments never know the deals you can get! 50 dollars locally.

P8050584.JPG - 1.4MB

And another great order from deschem!

[Edited on 6-7-2018 by XeonTheMGPony]

P8050586.JPG - 603kB
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 04:20

Always good to trust your life to fifty bucks worth of stuff which the original owner no longer considered worth having.
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2018 at 17:30

Quote: Originally posted by unionised  
Always good to trust your life to fifty bucks worth of stuff which the original owner no longer considered worth having.

it is when you know what you are buying and understand it, and the reasons behind why, our fire departments get grants for new gear, the old gear then ends up being stored forever but having to be sent in for servicing, so selling it every one wins, point is you never know less you talk to people.

Just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's broken, but I suppose I'll thank you for that mentality, as I have gotten allot of great gear dirt cheap because of it ;)

[Edited on 7-7-2018 by XeonTheMGPony]
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 7-7-2018 at 05:25

Quote: Originally posted by unionised  

Given that it was sold by a fire department (whose role is to protect the public) I very much doubt they would have sold it if they had known it to be dangerously faulty.

Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-7-2018 at 05:37

I notice that here in UK due to protect-my-ass implementations of health and safety regulations,
lots of safety equipment is issued but not used, and the 'certified' lifetime, in use or storage, may be one year, after which the item is disposed of.
I have gained quite a bit of PPE this way.
(the most ridiculous so far being $100+ a pair electrical insulation rubber gloves/under-gloves, in un-opened packs)

[Edited on 7-7-2018 by Sulaiman]
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-7-2018 at 06:27

Quote: Originally posted by Sulaiman  
I notice that here in UK due to protect-my-ass implementations of health and safety regulations,
lots of safety equipment is issued but not used, and the 'certified' lifetime, in use or storage, may be one year, after which the item is disposed of.
I have gained quite a bit of PPE this way.
(the most ridiculous so far being $100+ a pair electrical insulation rubber gloves/under-gloves, in un-opened packs)

[Edited on 7-7-2018 by Sulaiman]

Very nice! and ya HV rated gloves are not cheap due to very high demand of precision and quality!

Go To Top