Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for cheap lab glass distributor in the US.
Chemguy5
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-7-2018 at 07:49
Looking for cheap lab glass distributor in the US.

I buy most of my glass from Chinese sellers on eBay but when I can afford to pay the extra money I will order Laboy glass. The problem with Chinese sellers is the time it takes to receive the product and sometimes the quality. Laboy glass is great as it is not as expensive as say chemglass or Pyrex and is also of good quality.

I'm looking for other sellers such as Laboy or even lower quality glass but shipped from within the US so I don't have such long wait times. Does any one here have any reliable sellers from within the US they could point me to?

Also I have a couple end flasks with the logo "labuddy" which are of great quality and I bought them thinking they were Laboy but when I go to search the term labuddy on eBay I can't find anything. Does any one have info on this seller?
Abromination
Hazard to Others

Mood: 1,4 tar

[*] posted on 28-7-2018 at 15:41

Cheap? Not pyrex, then.
Or any other primary laboratory glassware manufacturer. If you were in the US I would suggest Karter Scientific, but they charge 15 USD for shipping.

List of materials made by ScienceMadness.org users:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmJ8uq-h4IkXPxD5svnT...
--------------------------------
Elements Collected: H, Li, B, C, N, O, Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ag, I, Au, Pb, Bi, Am
Last Acquired: B
Next: Na
--------------
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 16:16

Deschem shipments (from China) often arrive within 7 days. At least, in Portland.

Depends.
happyfooddance
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-8-2018 at 18:20

I know that if you order glass from Laboy from Amazon, rather than their website, they are MUCH more prompt an punctual. It still takes the same time to ship (about a week to CA), but it gets shipped a day or two after the order is placed, IME. I think this might be because they don't stock everything listed on their site, but the stuff on Amazon is already made and ready to ship. For what it's worth.
ELRIC
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-8-2018 at 03:38

Quote: Originally posted by zed  
Deschem shipments (from China) often arrive within 7 days. At least, in Portland.

Depends.

I hope you’re correct. I just ordered a bunch of glass from China, and it says my package won’t arrive for four weeks.

Go To Top