Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Aminorex Synth
jackson2004
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-6-2007 at 10:14
Aminorex Synth

Does anyone have a synth for plain aminorex i cannt find any for aminorex other than the analogue 4-methylaminorex wich is 4x Weeker. Also does anyone know of any human test on 4-fluoroaminorex that is asposed to be 4x More potent that aminorex.
jon
Hazard to Others

Mood: paranoid distrustful apprehensive

[*] posted on 23-6-2007 at 10:22

those compunds have some serious side effects
tr41414
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 23-6-2007 at 13:38

hmm... aminorex & friends have been banned mainly because they tend to produce hart problems in (ab)users... analog cis-4,N-dimethylaminorex is also said to produce dangerous seizures (but some bee told me that the trans isomer is relatively safe)...

you can't just compare aminorex compounds like that... aminorex isn't very abusable, whereas 4-mar evidently is :P I bet 4-meo, 4-F and similiar compounds would also be fun...
jon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-6-2007 at 14:12

4-methylaminorex produces seizures very easily. It has a steep dose resonse curve meaning one dose will get you high, a little more and your breakdancing.
jackson2004
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-6-2007 at 22:15

in 4-methylaminorex synthesis are there any substitutes for norpseudoephedrine ( Phenylpropanolamine HCl ) in synthesis.

Can a similar compound to 4-methylaminorex be synthesised from epherdrine?

Phenylpropanolamine HCl is now banned and in the uk, where i am from, Phenylpropanolamine HCl has never been the right isomer to use to synth 4-methylaminorex.
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 23-6-2007 at 23:06

Quote:
Originally posted by jackson2004
Does anyone have a synth for plain aminorex i cannt find any for aminorex other than the analogue 4-methylaminorex wich is 4x Weeker. Also does anyone know of any human test on 4-fluoroaminorex that is asposed to be 4x More potent that aminorex.

Where did you get that misinformation about potencies? Or were you talking about their anorectic potencies? Most people I know of talk about aminorex compounds in the context of CNS stimulation, so it is a bit strange you are looking for the most potent anorectic. If you are trying to loose weight, you better stick to something legal and with less chances of ending up dying in convulsions, like simply avoiding food and physical exercise perhaps.
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 24-6-2007 at 02:20

IIRC, the problem with aminorex was not that it caused seizures but that it was said to induce pulmunary hypertension.

That 4-MAR is weaker then aminorex is wrong by any means. This is already visible from the doses used. Aminorex was prescribed in several 100mg doses per day - something what would nicely fry your brain with 4-MAR.

Irgendwas is ja immer
comfort_develops
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-6-2007 at 04:34

Quote:
Originally posted by jon
4-methylaminorex produces seizures very easily. It has a steep dose resonse curve meaning one dose will get you high, a little more and your breakdancing.

Thats true, 2 hours after taking ~90 mg breathing became quite hard, and a wierd pressure was felt.
This compound seems quite dangerous, but the turn is somehow unique. Better dose very low.
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 24-6-2007 at 05:45

Quote:
Originally posted by comfort_develops
Quote:
Originally posted by jon

Thats true, 2 hours after taking ~90 mg breathing became quite hard, and a wierd pressure was felt.
This compound seems quite dangerous, but the turn is somehow unique. Better dose very low.

For sure the dose - response curve of 4-MAR is steeper then for other drugs. But look: 90mg trans-4-methyl-aminorex resembles about 400mg of methamphetamine if you transcribe the recommended dosages from EROWID correctly. And how would 400mg of pure d-methamphetamine hit you?

Irgendwas is ja immer
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 24-6-2007 at 06:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Organikum
But look: 90mg trans-4-methyl-aminorex resembles about 400mg of methamphetamine if you transcribe the recommended dosages from EROWID correctly.

I'm no expert on CNS stimulants but as far as I know 4-MAR and MA are more or less equipotent stimulants by dose. That is, the normal dose used is 10-30mg for both. But I agree with the main point. Besides, taking trice the amount of a high dose is dumb.
jackson2004
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-6-2007 at 15:02

My mistake, i misinterpreted a textbooks description of anorectic potencies.

Does anyone know of any 4-methylaminorex synthesis that does not require Phenylpropanolamine Hcl nor the synthesis of Phenylpropanolamine that requires nitroethane.
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 24-6-2007 at 15:12

You might venture to the drugs-forum, where you will find reports on it's synthesis , bio-reports and more on the stated topic of this thread.......solo

http://www.drugs-forum.com/

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
jackson2004
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-6-2007 at 01:08

Would it be possible to synthesise aminorex then methylate the aminordex to produce methylaminorex thereby eliminating the requirement for Phenylpropanolamine .
ergoamide
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-6-2007 at 01:49

The short of it is no.
tr41414
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-6-2007 at 03:44

;) you would get n-mar instead of 4-mar... dunno if it is of any pharmachological significance... and i have a feeling you would just screw the molecule trying to methylate it...

you can use ephedrine to get an analog 4,N-DMAR... but this would be the one that is said to cause seizures :(

[Edited on 26-6-2007 by tr41414]
jon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-6-2007 at 18:01

my experience with it is exactly what comfort_develops describes i don't think i even took ~ 90 mg I'm sure it was less, but 3 hours later I felt the heavy pressure In my head and the lightheadedness, I grew very pale and my eyes started to roll back in my head then seizures. i don't recommend this drug. It was very nice but very easy to OD on.
jackson2004
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-6-2007 at 21:30

90mg, i thought the dose was supposed to be less than 40mg

4,N-DMAR?

Is there any pseudoephedrine method rather than ephedrine?
or any way do develop an intermediate using pseudoepherdrine.

I think i will probably try my hand at synthesis of Phenylpropanolamine
don't really wana risk seizures with a bad derivative. Only prob
Is where to find the nitroethane.

I was told cirtain nail polish removers have 100% nitroethane.
Anyone know a particular brand. I have been searching for a while
and so far...Zilch.
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 27-6-2007 at 02:54

Quote:
Originally posted by jackson2004
90mg, i thought the dose was supposed to be less than 40mg

4,N-DMAR?

Is there any pseudoephedrine method rather than ephedrine?
or any way do develop an intermediate using pseudoepherdrine.

I think i will probably try my hand at synthesis of Phenylpropanolamine
don't really wana risk seizures with a bad derivative. Only prob
Is where to find the nitroethane.

I was told cirtain nail polish removers have 100% nitroethane.
Anyone know a particular brand. I have been searching for a while
and so far...Zilch.
Look, I understand you. My interest in chemistry began the same. But for a matter of fact, at the moment you are so far away from synthesizing anything as it can get.
I suggest that you either take a closer look into these things, what may take some time but is well worth it, or you just consult your local dealer.

Psychoactive drugs are something very interesting and I wish I had just a little bit known more about chemistry before I started doing them. But then there was no internet and such. Oh my. But you nowadays have no excuse.

Irgendwas is ja immer
jackson2004
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-6-2007 at 06:06

To be honest I've only just got into chemistry, so i am one of those cook book type people.
I have the equipment, I have many of the chemicals, but unfortunately one of the chems
i wanna attempt to synth, is one that required an obsolete precursor. I read that there is
a simple synthesis of norpseudoephedrine involving the use of nitroethane.

So far i have managed to come up on top regarding several other synthesis, but as i u4eu
is not sold in the UK, and sounds like a half decent stimulant, and that i have all other
precursors available, I though i may give this one a try
tr41414
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-6-2007 at 08:32

There are many, many ways to PPA and the aminorex (via styrene oxide, p1p-ol, akabori or maybe cath :P)... but you really should look into chemistry a bit more and do some research on your own... doing even a simple synth without proper knowledge will only get you hurt
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 27-6-2007 at 11:13

If you can discuss your interests using the terminology of chemistry, and make it clear that you are learning more than "how can I cook up some X, Y or Z?," there are many helpful people here. But if you just want to have simple recipes and cooking-tips handed to you, you are on the wrong forum.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Hilski
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-6-2007 at 15:46

Quote:
[...]There are many, many ways to PPA and the aminorex (via styrene oxide, p1p-ol

Are you referring to 1-phenyl-1-propanol? If not, what are you talking about? You have piqued my curiosity.

\"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety. \"

- Benjamin Franklin
jackson2004
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-6-2007 at 20:36

I actually found a verry simple synthesis on a different part of the forum with pics and only
requires two simple precursors

l-alanine ( amino acid purchaed online for under £20 for 500g )
and benzaldehyde ( ebay for $20 for 500g )

Link below for more info

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=5979&a...
jon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-6-2007 at 21:21

If you're smart you won't buy benzaldehyde from anywhere traceable.
If you go to any grocery store you can buy bitter almond oil and purify this via the bisulfite complex or the iodide complex (NaI).
It contains benzaldehyde and some triglycerides you can wash the adduct with alcohol to remove the triglycerides. and regenerate the free aldehyde.
the major product in the akabori synthesis is 1,2-diphenylethanolamine it is insol. in water as the frebase and also in ethanol as the freebase If you use that first workup detailed there with ethylacetate and other solvents you can easily seperate the two amines as freebasses and then recrystallize the ppa freebase using petroleum ether or naptha until the melting point of the base is a sharp 101-102 C.
you can further purify it as the hydrochloride by recrystallization from abs. alcohol.

[Edited on 28-6-2007 by jon]
tr41414
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-6-2007 at 00:56

The akabori is extremely low yielding I think (tribute to CycloKnight for doing it and posting those wonderful pics :) )... Phenyl-1-propanol can be made into propenylbenzene, which can be made into oxide... a few steps more... the reaction using styrene oxide is described in patent DE2101424... what about reacting alkyl nitrites (rush) with propiophenone and then reducing the hell out of it :D no bromine, only two steps :cool: but, hey aren't we talking about aminorexs and not PPAs ;)
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top