Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wiki problems
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-8-2018 at 10:20
Wiki problems

I went to a sciencemadness Wiki page and noticed a mistake. I tried to login and it automatically filled in my board username and said the password was incorrect, then later that there was no account associated with the username (when I tried to recover password by email). I then tried to create an account using my username and it said that it was already taken (I tried many variations on capitol letters & none), nothing worked. So I created a new account, completely different from anything used before.

The account creation went fine, I got an email to "verify" the account and that link worked, but then again I couldn't login.

I wanted to change a mistake on the Sodium thiosulfate page (top paragraph) that states that the heptahydrate is the most common form, when it should be pentahydrate. Not a huge deal, but I couldn't find any searches for it in the heptahydrate form in the databases.
Diachrynic
Hazard to Others

Mood: zenosyne

[*] posted on 22-8-2018 at 11:50

I quickly corrected that, but I have no idea about your account. Somebody with the power and knowledge to fix that should take a look at that.

we apologize for the inconvenience
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-8-2018 at 13:42

Thank you sir!
Abromination
Hazard to Others

Mood: 1,4 tar

[*] posted on 22-8-2018 at 18:02

It doesn't require a special password to edit the wiki, does it? I have tried to log in with my normal science madness account to improve on some stubs but it didn't recognize my account after saying I had the wrong password.

List of materials made by ScienceMadness.org users:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmJ8uq-h4IkXPxD5svnT...
--------------------------------
Elements Collected: H, Li, B, C, N, O, Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ag, I, Au, Pb, Bi, Am
Last Acquired: B
Next: Na
--------------
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 22-8-2018 at 23:32

Yes. A separate account and logon is needed. The wiki is separate from the board.

Go To Top