Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Radioactive boy scout update....
Maroboduus
Hazard to Others

Mood: vacant

[*] posted on 16-11-2016 at 08:29

Those sores on his face in that mugshot aren't that unusual looking. You see them on some meth heads.

Haven't read the book, but I did read the original article. It was a deluded kid who collected radioactive stuff and put it together without any real understanding of what he was up to. Lumps of charcoal wrapped in foil as a moderator, but he had no idea of the mean free path of what he was moderating. Cobalt steel drill bits as 'control rods'.

If you define his work as a reactor, then you'd have to say anybody wearing an aluminum foil hat who walks past a smoke detector just made a nuclear reactor out of his head. "Look Mom, I'm makin' tritium in my brain!!!"

But of course in retrospect he tries to make himself sound like a boy genius from some early 20th century children's book.
No, that junk in the shed was just what was left after my mom threw out the REAL stuff.

And of course he has the help of an unscrupulous journalist who wants the BIG BIG STORY so he can earn some royalties.

Now that he's dead, we'll see stories about how he was so corroded from the massive radiation doses from his breeder reactor that his body just disintegrated, or that he's been buried at a high level waste storage facility. Or some such bullshit.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top