Alexander Shulgin Books

Anyone want these... I happen to have them in PDF
(PiHKAL and TiHKAL)
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 06:23

...just post the link ....from any of the free file hosts.......solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Slimz
Hazard to Others

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 06:32

PiHKAL.pdf of size 2.415 MB
http://www.filefactory.com/file/479d94/

TiHKAL.pdf of size 9.311 MB
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2d8953/

[Edited on 24-9-2007 by Slimz]
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 07:12

BTW these books deal with PHENETHYLAMINES and biological reactions in people... there is still a lot of research to be done in this area.. the possibilities have not been achieved in this field. Shulgin based allot of his research on psychedelic reaction to certain substances, but the serious medical and biochemical aspects of PHENETHYLAMINES have not been completely explored. Shulgins books do provide methedoligy and insight to researching this field...

Johnny was a chemist’s son, but now he is no more. What Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 07:27

We know what they deal with. We didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Still want to pose like your interest in plant alkaloid extraction has nothing to do with getting high?

Furthermore, the forum hosting capacity is limited. Go put those on a 4shared folder of your own and post the link to that here. You are hogging all the hosting resources.

I'm sure all the other totally sober upright amateur chemists out there will be very interested in these tomes.
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 07:41

They are hosted at filefactory ....

I have already experimented with 2c-b and 2c-i lsd mescaline and whatever else you can think of (excluding crack and heroine) i could really give a rats ass about getting high, been there, done that..

but as antidepressants and other psychoactive medications become more prevalent in out society, substances derived from plant alkaloids, and especially phenethylamines, could possibly be useful and profitable (as medications).. besides if I DID find a cool new psychotropic mind F%$# I'm not sure what i would do with it... probably try it and publish like Shulgin did

Johnny was a chemist’s son, but now he is no more. What Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 08:17

That's right. You're a one man Eli Lilly & Co.

So let us know when Elvis gets here.

Look, I suppose that there's a lot of very clever chemistry in Shulgin's books, I just hate to see it perverted to such ill advised purposes.

And a few days ago you were claiming to be a tyro, so if that's the case then 99% of the preps in there are way over your noggin.

Anyway knock yourself out. Just don't expect most of us to give you a leg up. You are no med-chemist, no cultural anthropologist or botanist. So cut the Albert Scweitzer act. It was old and unpalatable the first time, and it's just worn thinner since then.

PS Have a nice day.
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 08:35

I NEVER claimed to be anyone Im not... I DO NOT have the technical and lab knowledge.. I never claimed to.. what I have is an understanding that i want to learn something new and study something interesting. One think that fascinates me is chemistry.. so rather than let it be a mystery any longer im going to jump right in with both feet and learn it as i go... I may blow something up in the process but in a few years maybe ill be able to conduct well rounded research with useful results...

I didn't study chemistry in college, i studied computer instead, now that I have a good job and free time, i want to study chemistry.. I am looking into an introductory course at the local junior college.. i figure that it couldn't hurt..

I thought this forum was for "the art and science of amateur experimentalism"... excuse me for being amateur...

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 09:00

You do not need to apologize to anyone for being an amateur.

However, since you did say you are in the US, your "experimentation" with 2c-b etc was higholy illegal was it not?

Shulgin lost his license to experiment with Sch 1 controlled substances for publishing those two books and pissing off the DEA. You, on the other hand, never had a DEA license, am I correct?

No, you don't have to apologize for being a selfavowed drug user and criminal, just don't wrap yourself in the flag of amateur experimentation and expect us all to stand and sing the national anthem with you.

Most of us manage to conduct amateur experimentation without committing any felonies.

My point being you ain't Shulgin. If his books are cookbooks they are intended for escoffier graduate cheft. Which you are not.

PHKAL and THKAL are widely available on the internet. I suspect that most if not all of the members who are so inclined already have them, and the rest of us don't want them. I rarely pass up a chemistry book, but I can live without these.

But thanks for posting the links.

[Edited on 25-9-2007 by Sauron]
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 09:43

I HAVE experimented with many substances, some substances reacted with my own chemical makeup in a pleasurable way, others caused not so pleasurable reactions. Some relived headaches, some helped with itchy watery eyes, some made me feel more alert, some even made me see shapes and colors where there were none.

And yet you obviously have not experimented with anything illegal in your entire life. I bet you follow the speed limit and obey all traffic laws too. Because science isn't about adventure and breaking the rules, its not about discovery and inspiration.. Its about rules and equations isn't it?

If you were standing so damn high up on your horse, you may take a moment and encourage someone in this forum instead of speaking down to them at every corner. Go re-read your posts there big guy and maybe start worring about your own reputation and image and don't worry so much about my selfavowed drug use and criminal behavior.

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 10:04

My reputation and image are intact. Yours are IMO shot to shit. I encourage a lot of people on this forum, and I would be encouraging you except that you have out of your own mouth confirmed my initial impression of you, and so you will get no encouragement from me.

Science is not about your kind of "adventure" or your ideas of "risk taking". Science is about scholarship and discipline, not self indulgence and "breaking the rules." If you "break the rules" in a lab you may die. Or kill others.

And by the way I pay no attention to speed limits but I have never gotten a ticked. That's because I do not drive.
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 10:19

Well you and I obviously differ greatly in, our opinions of science, and of each other.

But if you an I had the same opinion about everything, you wouldn't be necessary.

Lets just agree to disagree about issues where personal opinion is involved (like politics and religion and morals) and stick to the chemistry...

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 10:30

That's admirably tolerant.
hodges
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 15:33

Edited -
I was posting a reply to the question about hydrogen production - not sure why it ended up here.

Hodges

[Edited on 9/24/07 by hodges]
Blind Angel
National Hazard

Mood: Meh!

[*] posted on 24-9-2007 at 17:23

I would be really please to have the third Shugin book on isoquinolines: "The Simple Plant Isoquinolines" anybody has it? Or is it already on the FTP?

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
My PGP Key Fingerprint: D4EA A609 55E4 7ADD 8529 359D D6E2 33F6 4C76 78ED
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 04:30

No, but I have OPIHKAL by S.Hussein and C.Ali.

Organophosphates I Have Known and Loved.

not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 04:42

I've not heard of that being available in digital form. It's not one of the 'IHKAL' series, there's very little lab chemistry in it and so doesn't interest the DIYers nor is it likely to be get caught up in attempts to "control drugs" through locking up knowledge.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 05:04

I have not seen any attempts to "control drugs by locking up knowledge. They have locked up a few of the more bent knowledgeable ones though, who were foolish enough to get caught.

OPIHKAL was published just before the fall of the authors, printed on the skin of Shiite prisoners. Not yet on Googlebooks. You are right, the prep details keep quoting the Qoran and the prisoner tests are really disgusting.
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 06:05

sauron, can you now stop, please? leave the ranting to me :)
not_important
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 06:14

I was referring to "The Simple Plant Isoquinolines", a book within the thread topic rang, not jokes made up by pre-adolescent boys, jokes of which sort I heard far too many many decades ago.

There has been legislation proposed in the last some years in several countries where the intent was to make distributing information on the preparation of various controlled substances a crime. Luckily so far these have all failed to make it into law, as they would require working grievous harm upon all those chemistry journals in libraries. Those attempts are in part why Sasha does not object to the wide distribution of the IHKAL books.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 06:52

Nice to note you have no sense of humor and take yourself far too seriously. Try not to live up to your handle.

And it's more likely that Sasha does not object to the wide distribution of his books because he is too intelligent to engage in futility.

The legislative initiatives you are referring to were non-starters at least in any country where freedom of speech is constitutionally protected and where the rule of law still holds sway.

Phosphor-ing
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 07:06

LOL, Sauron! by Sadaam Hussein and Chemical Ali. That's a riot!
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 21:05

I heard he was working on a more general tome and not isoquinolines in particular. As of six months ago he was still writing. Isoquinolines ? Was it through 10 Speed Press? Title?

@Sauron: "I have not seen any attempts to "control drugs by locking up knowledge."
What was taking Sasha's license and raiding his house/lab about if not punishment for sharing knowledge? Or was that what you meant? I lose my sense of humor thinking about things like that.
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-9-2007 at 21:39

My point is that they did not stop or censor the books, did they? Nor could they have done.

Had Sasha published his work in a conventional way at say Wiley and without all the self-experimentation, just sticking to the synthetic work in a scholarly and academically acceptable way, I doubt that DEA would have batted an eye.

Instead he flung down the gauntlet to them, waved the red flag at the DEA bull and shouted "Ole!" He knew, or so I am given to understand, how they would react and he did it anyway. That is ballsy but he should not have been surprised that it cost him his license. Federal agencies are like that. I have the finger to a different agency and they took MY license away - my livelihood along with it. So, what is the moral of the fairy tale? Don't tug on Superman's cape.

I agree that the subsequent EPA crap was above and beyond the call; pure spite. But again, par for the course for the gubbiment.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
PainKilla
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-9-2007 at 09:27

I wasn't going to respond but:

Dr. Shulgin did not get his license taken away because of his books, it was a rather a grudge on the part of a certain influential official.

His book should be out within a year, if he is alive to finish. :(

And The Simple Plant Isoquinolines has been out for some time now.

[Edited on 26-9-2007 by PainKilla]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top