Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Complete Lab for Sale
Synesthesia
Harmless

Mood: Dreamy

[*] posted on 29-9-2007 at 23:12
Complete Lab for Sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&i...

We can deal directly if you desire. ;) PM if interested.

Peace,

SB
Maya
Hazard to Others

Mood: molten

[*] posted on 30-9-2007 at 00:53

geeez, I would rather pay retail than those prices, still... theres a sucker born every minute

\"Prefiero ser yo extranjero en otras patrias, a serlo en la mia\"
chloric1
International Hazard

Mood: Stoichiometrically Balanced

[*] posted on 30-9-2007 at 05:18

nobody here with any sense that is, is going to pay those prices. Come here to discuss chemistry. THis forum is not for your commerical gain. I put my two cents in.

Fellow molecular manipulator
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 30-9-2007 at 09:35

Well, I think Synesthesia is requesting a fair price on the hot plate... not sure on the pump or glassware. I know there is at least $400 worth of glassware easy.

My suggestion would be to cancel the glassware auction, re-list each item seperately and charge $10 for shipping and handling, and then do a low starting bid on the items like $9.99 or something.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
Synesthesia
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-9-2007 at 11:31

OK, maya you can pay me retail whenever you want... I only take cash. :D Just the pump itself should be selling for close to what the three auctions combined are selling for. Yeah, I would rather sell everything separately, but I just don't have enough time for that. I know that I could make more money by doing that, but I rather just sell it all at once… my loss is your gain. ;)
Furch
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-10-2007 at 10:38

I don't see why that pump would sell for nearly 800 USD? 30 mmHg/torr isn't a good vacuum... Nor is 10 mmHg. At least not for a decent vacuum pump. A water aspirator will pull more than 30 mmHg.

I guess the only advantage would be that you don't get your distillate contaminated with water because your mom takes a shower, does the dishes or the like...

Don't get me wrong, Synesthesia, I hope you get a good wad of cash for it. It's just that I think it's funny how different peoples ideas of what a "good vacuum" is.

- Furch

\"Those who say do not know, those who know do not say.\" -Lao Tzu
Synesthesia
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-10-2007 at 13:29

Check around online... this pump still sells for about $1,500. Its 29.5”/10 torr. A very good aspirator (like the one I have for sale) may pull that if it’s connected to an ice cold water source and the pressure is extremely strong, but that is very unlikely. Besides wasting water the worst thing about using an aspirator IMO is that the water/vapor pressure is always changing somewhat. I also have a two stage KNF PowerDry vacuum that pulls 1.5 torr and it includes the LED control panel. I’m selling that for $5,000… PM if interested.

[Edited on 1-10-2007 by Synesthesia]
Fleaker
International Hazard

Mood: nucleophilic

[*] posted on 1-10-2007 at 13:31

Yes, but that particular brand of pump good and reliable. I have one attached to the rotovap and they aren't too finicky at all. Still, there are pumps you can buy for $150 used that will last years with the proper trap setup. It all depends on how much work one wants to do. That pump on the rotovap doesn't need a trap--it has a teflon diaphragm and solvents don't make it swell, nor do acids degrade it.

Neither flask nor beaker.

"Kid, you don't even know just what you don't know. "
--The Dark Lord Sauron

Go To Top