Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Perkin Elmer IR experience
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 4-10-2007 at 10:38
Perkin Elmer IR experience

Would anyone familiar with a Perkin Elmer 237B, an older dispersive machine based on a grating and monochrometer, please send me a U2U? I acquired this little beauty and would like some help with setup and callibration.
roamingnome
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-10-2007 at 11:02

well if you ever need parts il give u a parts machine 237B

the UPS store people of New Mexico totally destroyed the unit during packing and shipping. when it arrived my excitment quickly died when pieces of lens began falling out of the box. ive written it up as a total loss. The unprofessionalism of the university the sold it to me is sad only worse is the dolts at he UPS store. it had so much potential.

and a heavy unit... it is....
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 4-10-2007 at 16:31

Hey where are you? Did they give you any sample holders? I need some to hold 25mm NaCl discs for liquids. The 237B seems to be Ok .. that means it survived a trip that could have done it in. I didn't plug it in immediately and that may have been serendipitous. I did get it plugged in right after the rains started (whew). Anyway there's a guy that sells salt cells and wedges for IR's and cuvettes and the like that for other specs like vis/UV that knows these machines.

If you're in the PNW or CA I could arrange for to use a machine that is one of the original IR's.

Go To Top