Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Buchi B-169 vacuum recirculating aspirator for sale!
monolithic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-9-2018 at 07:38
Buchi B-169 vacuum recirculating aspirator for sale!

I recently came into possession of a Buchi B-169 recirculating aspirator. This is the 120V / 300W North American model. It's quite old but works perfectly -- I tested it with my cheap vacuum gauge and it pulls about 30" Hg. Per the manufacturer:

Quote:
Safely aspirates corrosive and volatile solvents without cold or chemical traps. Vapors are condensed and diluted in an internal 10 L PP reservoir for easy disposal. Two vacuum ports equipped with quick coupling connectors and check valves, each with a free air displacement of 12 to 15 L/min.
Achieves a vacuum of 20 mbar at a water temperature of 20 °C. Circulating pump is quiet and requires no oil or filter/trap replacements. Use with rotary evaporators, distillation or filtration apparatus, and electrophoresis gel driers. CE compliant.

I will post some pictures once I clean it up a bit, most likely tomorrow. I'm asking $250 plus shipping to the continental United States.

[Edited on 25-9-2018 by monolithic]
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 26-9-2018 at 07:01

Sounds very useful!

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious." - Dieter Rams
monolithic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-9-2018 at 09:14

Quote: Originally posted by Loptr  
Sounds very useful!

I almost want to keep it for myself, but no room!
monolithic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-9-2018 at 14:43

As promised, the pictures are available here: https://imgur.com/a/WtwGJZI

I noticed that only one of the vacuum ports is connected to the aspirator -- the one that I tested. The other one should work fine, though. As you can see, it pulls its rated vacuum.

Again, I am asking $250 + S&H. Send me a U2U if you wish to know more or want to calculate shipping. It's quite large (18.5"x18.5"x19" @ 20 lbs) so it will probably cost a fair amount of money to ship.

[Edited on 26-9-2018 by monolithic]
monolithic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-11-2018 at 15:03

Dropping the price to $200 plus shipping. I was playing around with it the other night and noticed one of the venturi aspirators is missing (the threaded pipe in the foreground of picture #3, should be a cylindrical shiny piece like the one in the background in the same picture) which is why only one of the vacuum ports works. I feel like an idiot for not noticing this earlier. At any rate, the functioning vacuum port works perfectly and the "dead" one will work perfectly if you find/make a threaded venturi aspirator for the other port.

[Edited on 22-11-2018 by monolithic]
monolithic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-12-2018 at 12:56

Item has been sold.

Go To Top