Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Other DECENT Forums?
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 25-11-2007 at 14:02
Other DECENT Forums?

I've tried several other forums. This is by far the best one but I'm looking for one to go to on slow days. I've tried Synthetikal and Total Synthesis but they both suck ass! Are there any that are even close to being as good as sciencemadness?

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 25-11-2007 at 14:09

Versuchschemie.de is very nice if you don't mind the fact that it is in German. ;)

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 25-11-2007 at 14:11

I used to be quite happy with www.chemicalforums.com, but unfortunately that site has become more and more a place for people, who just want to have assistance with their homework or study assignments. Just go there and judge yourself. At least it is a serious forum, with quite a few knowledgeable people.

If you can read/write German, then www.versuchschemie.de will also be one you'll love. It's a real experimenter's site, with lots of experiments, practical discussions and syntheses. Only thing, which is a pity, is that no discussion of pyrotechnics and energetic materials is allowed.

Unfortunately, the type of sites like sciencemadness is rare. In english language, I actually do not know a single forum, which can stand besides sciencemadness, when it comes to home experimenting, practical experience with making reagents, etc.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
JohnWW
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-11-2007 at 15:01

Sciencemadness.org is the best, and most enduring.

I can also suggest:
http://www.todoquimica.net , primarily for chemical engineers, mostly in Spanish and to some extent Portuguese; has a good number of ebook links, and also chemical engineering program links.
http://www.roguesci.org , mainly concerned with explosives, weapons (chemical, and ordinary ones such as firearms), anti-freedom conspiracies, drugs, police and other official corruption, etc..

[Edited on 26-11-07 by JohnWW]
nitroglycol
Hazard to Self

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 25-11-2007 at 15:40

There's also scienceforums.net, which has a decent chemistry section as well as stuff on a lot of other sciences.

WARNING: Do not urinate on distributor while engine is in operation.
zeppelin69
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-11-2007 at 17:31

De Rerum Omnis is my new favorite. It is still in its infancy, but its getting there :D

http://www.dererumomnis.org/bbs/

I am one of the original members of http://www.dererumomnis.org/bbs/
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 5-12-2007 at 20:34

If anyone is Vietnamese they can tell you the caliber of this forum
http://www.h2vn.com/community/index.php

All I can tell is that it is a chemistry forum of some sort.
Edward Elric
Hazard to Self

Mood: seraphic

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 14:04

Yeah, I think SFN will eventually knock down a lot of sites. jdurg jumped to SFN and was immediately given a title.

☣ - Full Metal Alchemist - ☣
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-12-2007 at 21:28

What's SFN?

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
Xenoid
National Hazard

Mood: Comfortably Numb

[*] posted on 10-12-2007 at 22:35

Look 4 posts up I guess, ScienceForums.Net
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-12-2007 at 16:36

Oh... duh... I must've been high on my meth that night. Just kidding.

Go To Top